Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOOKING FOR HELP TRYING TO FIND THE BEST AND EASIEST TO PUT ON REMOVABLE MIRRORS FOR WHEN I TAKE MY DOORS OFF, SEEMS NOBODY HAS ANY LUCK WITH THESE TYPE OF MIRRORS AND I JUST WANT TO BE ABLE TO SEE BEHIND ME WHEN I POP THE DOORS OFF BUT DON'T WANT TO PERMANENTLY MOVE MOVE FACTORY MIRRORS. ANY IDEAS WOULD BE APPRECIATED.:pullinghair:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I hope this helps...I purchased the mirrors that fall in the hinge for my TJ. They worked ok. I had to constantly tighten the back screws every so often to keep the vibration down. The other thing I didn't like was how hard I had to tighten the nut on the hinge so,they wouldn't push in, the hinge medal seems soft. I now have a 2015 JKU. I purchase the Quadratech round mirrors that mount to the windshield frame. My research showed that the hand knob may or may not clamp down enough, so I purchased some allan head bolts upon delivery. I installed the brackets, they stay on full time while they do not get in the way of anything on my Jeep, and have used the mirrors a few times. They are solid. I did not notice any vibration and never experienced any movement of the mirrors or the mirror arms.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I hope this helps...I purchased the mirrors that fall in the hinge for my TJ. They worked ok. I had to constantly tighten the back screws every so often to keep the vibration down. The other thing I didn't like was how hard I had to tighten the nut on the hinge so,they wouldn't push in, the hinge medal seems soft. I now have a 2015 JKU. I purchase the Quadratech round mirrors that mount to the windshield frame. My research showed that the hand knob may or may not clamp down enough, so I purchased some allan head bolts upon delivery. I installed the brackets, they stay on full time while they do not get in the way of anything on my Jeep, and have used the mirrors a few times. They are solid. I did not notice any vibration and never experienced any movement of the mirrors or the mirror arms.
X2. I did the same setup, just a different brand, and no issues. I think mine are smittybilt

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
HEY THERE!! I USE THESE ONES FOR MINE AND I CAN'T RECOMMEND THEM ENOUGH. THE FIRST TIME i TOOK MY DOORS OFF IT FELT DANGEROUS AS HELL EVEN AT SLOW SPEEDS IN RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBOURHOODS. i DON'T CARE WHAT ANYONE SAYS DRIVING WITHOUT MIRRORS SUCKS. i WAS PRACTICALLY LEANING OUT OF THE JEEP LOOKING AROUND TO MAINTAIN AWARENESS. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET A COMBO DEAL ON THESE WITH A SET OF MIRRORS AND JUST POP THEM ON WHEN YOU NEED THEM. Die-Tech Off-road Mirror Brackets

·
Registered
2,316 Posts
I use these" --> https://www.amazon.com/Olympic-Products-117-124-Safari-Textured/dp/B001JDE6ZW

They aren't perfect. I do a lot of highway driving and they tend to fold back when doing 70 MPH into a stiff wind no matter how tight you make them. Plus they vibrate a bit.. But they do function as mirrors. They come in handy when I'm backing out of my garage. I basically got them to remain legal. Side mirrors are required where I live.

Oh.. Let me be the first of many to invite you to turn off the caps lock :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Find a cheap motorcycle mirror with 8mm threads on it, remove one of the windshield support bolts and just screw it into the hole.

tons of options...round, square, chrome, black.....all should be in the $20 range.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts