Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The "mi" designator portion of the odometer on my Wrangler will briefly flicker when the ignition switch is cycled to or from the off position. The dealership has replaced the ignition switch, however, the condition still exists. The dealership has stated it is normal after finding the condition on two other new 2015 Wranglers on their lot, but I don't recall my 2012 exhibiting this. Has anyone else noticed this on their JK?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's most noticeable when the key is just nearing the off position, but its very easy to miss if you aren't focused on the odometer readout.

·
Registered
502 Posts
If it is staying on in the normal run position, I do not see what the big deal is?

I am surprised your dealer entertained you with a new ignition switch over this.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The big deal is that a flickering odometer is not a design feature and could lead to a possible unsafe condition down the line if there is a short or other loss of power in the electrical system.

·
Registered
502 Posts
The big deal is that a flickering odometer is not a design feature and could lead to a possible unsafe condition down the line if there is a short or other loss of power in the electrical system.
You are making drastic assumptions over the word "if".

I work on aircraft avionics and Digital flight control systems that are ten times more complicated than an automobile and have more risks. You only worry about on or off power states and not the minor nuances of power transients between the on/off states.

What you got is a quirk that does not affect "fit, form or function". I agree it should not be there but unless it affects an actual interoperability issue and not just an OCD annoyance of the end use when he powers on or off, I do not see Chrysler going all out to figure this out for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts