Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I've read the "best" combo is to leave the lower front dash speakers stock, do the tweeter mod in the front upper corners of the dash (I have to read up on that one) and replace the sound bar large speakers w/ Infinity 6032si from ebay or Amazon.

What about the smaller speakers in the sound bar? Looks like there are 2 speakers per side in my bar.

As for the tweeters, would replacing them be an option other than modifying the stock speakers? Or is there a cross over issue that needs to be solved caused by the stock HU?

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After talking w crutchfield rep I was told the smaller sound bar speakers are tweeters like the small front dash tweeters. Why use the infinity 6032si coaxial instead of component speakers in both from and sound bar?
Also.. Do the 6032si fit the front lower speaker locations?

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am curious about this information as well. I am not sure but most of what has been posted on here is for the 2014 and earlier. The speaker configuration has been changed for 2015 so that the soundbar has a midrange and tweeter where previous years only had the midrange in the soundbar.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am curious about this information as well. I am not sure but most of what has been posted on here is for the 2014 and earlier. The speaker configuration has been changed for 2015 so that the soundbar has a midrange and tweeter where previous years only had the midrange in the soundbar.
I've been searching... I think the dash tweeters and sound bar small speakers are the same... 77kick25 are the Mopar plug and play upgrades. 77Kick10 are the Mopar upgrade for the larger sound bar as well as the lower dash speakers...
77KCK053 is the Mopar plug and play amp upgrade... trying to find best prices at this point.

·
Registered
351 Posts
The smaller speaker spots can hold 3.5" speakers, including the 77kick25s. The soundbar hole is generous, so you'd be able to fit just about anything that will mount on a chrysler 3.5" speaker bracket in there.

For example, whatever fits in a grand cherokee or 300 should fit there. I think? The 77kick25s fit in those..

The dash speakers might be trickier. The 77kick25s fit, but barely. However, the magnets in those are huge, so if those can fit I'm sure most aftermarket 3.5s" will fit.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The smaller speaker spots can hold 3.5" speakers, including the 77kick25s. The soundbar hole is generous, so you'd be able to fit just about anything that will mount on a chrysler 3.5" speaker bracket in there.

For example, whatever fits in a grand cherokee or 300 should fit there. I think? The 77kick25s fit in those..

The dash speakers might be trickier. The 77kick25s fit, but barely. However, the magnets in those are huge, so if those can fit I'm sure most aftermarket 3.5s" will fit.
I found your thread where you put the 77kick25ab speakers in both spots. Are those 3.5 inch speakers?

·
Registered
351 Posts
I found your thread where you put the 77kick25ab speakers in both spots. Are those 3.5 inch speakers?
As far as I know, yeah. I am getting a second pair for my soundbar sometime this week hopefully, so I'll take some measurements on how big the magnet is and stuff when I get them. :)

The good news is Chrysler likes to share their parts bin across models, so I think the "tweeter bracket" is a fairly standard shape. It's just a question of if whatever you want to try will fit. For example, the kicker 05029827AB tweeters are 1', and use the same external bracket.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts