Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just got a 2013 JKU Sahara and am very impressed with it, 3.6 engine has lots of get up and go, altho I have not really stood on it yet. Previous Jeep was a 2001 TJ and I got rid of it because it was too choppy of a ride and only sat 2 people easily and did not have cruise control. Many years ago (1980s) I had a couple of FJ 40s, but now I find the automatic trannys and power steering is more to this senior citizens liking. So now I can carry 4 with ease and comfort and also tow it behind the RV. This model rides like a Cadillac compared to the '01 TJ.

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I just got a 2013 JKU Sahara and am very impressed with it, 3.6 engine has lots of get up and go, altho I have not really stood on it yet. Previous Jeep was a 2001 TJ and I got rid of it because it was too choppy of a ride and only sat 2 people easily and did not have cruise control. Many years ago (1980s) I had a couple of FJ 40s, but now I find the automatic trannys and power steering is more to this senior citizens liking. So now I can carry 4 with ease and comfort and also tow it behind the RV. This model rides like a Cadillac compared to the '01 TJ.
I remember when I went on the same wash board road with my TJ vs my old CJ.. and was like omg why didn't I buy the TJ sooner. The Jk is the same way..

·
Registered
268 Posts
Interesting read. I believe the Wrangler is really one of the few Chrysler builds that have decent acceleration or a useful transmission, especially true depending on your ration and wheel size.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts