·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting some aftermarket wheels with the following specs:
SIZE OFFSET LIP DEPTH
17X9 -12 4.05"

The tires will be 285 75 17.

My question is will these work without height and width changes to the vehicle setup?

Thanks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Looking at getting some aftermarket wheels with the following specs:
SIZE OFFSET LIP DEPTH
17X9 -12 4.05"

The tires will be 285 75 17.

My question is will these work without height and width changes to the vehicle setup?

Thanks
I’m surprised you’ve received no feedback whatsoever. Most of these guys are firm believers in lifts. They’re highly critical of larger tires without them.

I don’t know but I’m guessing you’ll need some flat top fenders to go with those new wheels and tires. Mopar high top fenders are advertised as allowing tires up to 35 inches. That doesn’t take into account your wider than stock tires rubbing on full lock.

·
Super Moderator
5,380 Posts
That is a pretty wide wheel for that size tire. Check your tires specs, but you may find that size tire is made for a 7.5" - 9.5" wheel.
As far as fitting that tire size, I think you will either need a lift, flat fenders, or both (depending on how much lift you go with). You should not need wheel spacers with that much offset, but that wheel size is pretty bad for that tire size. The wheel would be wider than the tire.
I would read the "what's the largest size tire I can run on a stock Jeep?" thread.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/largest-tire-on-stock-jk-heres-your-answer-142837.html

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found a set near me with these specs and they are priced good...but I will pass...much thanks for the advice!

·
Grooving With A Pict
2,493 Posts
That is a pretty wide wheel for that size tire. Check your tires specs, but you may find that size tire is made for a 7.5" - 9.5" wheel.
As far as fitting that tire size, I think you will either need a lift, flat fenders, or both (depending on how much lift you go with). You should not need wheel spacers with that much offset, but that wheel size is pretty bad for that tire size. The wheel would be wider than the tire.
I would read the "what's the largest size tire I can run on a stock Jeep?" thread.
https://www.wranglerforum.com/f27/largest-tire-on-stock-jk-heres-your-answer-142837.html
I think you misread.......It's a 17x9 wheel which is what I run with a 285/70-17. The offset is -12mm per his description.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts