Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally stay in the TJ section, but yesterday I worked on a JKU for the very first time, I helped my brother in law install his new Trektop NX. I have the Trektop NX on my current TJ, so I'm familiar with THAT version. There were some similarities and some differences between the two, but it was a pretty easy install. Even got ALMOST all of the zippers closed on the 1st day! Took a few days on my TJ to close them all without forcing anything.

My (His) question is about the brackets that bolt to the top rear corners of the sport bars. Will he need to remove them when he puts his hard top back on for the Michigan winters, or will they fit under the hard top? The rearmost brackets look like they'll be fine, but the brackets for the springs look like they's stick too far out to the sides???

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I know I'm not answering your request for info with my post, but I thought I'd offer some food for thought. My wife got me a Trektop NX last year for Father's Day because she loved the slant back look on a Jeep ( who am I to argue, right?). I intended to switch back and forth between the hardtop in winter, and the Trektop for the other 3 seasons in NW Ohio.

I decided to leave it on this last winter, just to try it out, and I am impressed! It's quiet, leak free, and tight as a drum. Snow slides right down the back, and the piled up stuff on top doesn't seem to faze it at all. In fact, I sold my hardtop, because I can't see using one again.

This wasn't exactly the info you were looking for, it's just my .02, but I think your brother in law will not WANT to reinstall the hardtop, since the Trektop is such an outstanding product

1 - 2 of 2 Posts