Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just arrived home with my new Jeep. I have had a lot of vehicles in my years but never a Jeep. I have been following the forum for several months and have a pretty good idea of the mods I would like to make. Thanks to all of your builds and pics for inspiration. It is great to see what a mod is going to look like (more or less) before your drop the cash on it.

Here is my first picture of my new 2015 black JKUR. Let the fun begin!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks Beast. I'm loving your build so far. I may steal a few ideas. Lift and 35s are coming. I have a few simple mods in mind first (things I can do).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Looks good.

i would get some plasti-dip or flexi-dip on those rims to complete the blackout. At least until you get real black wheels

·
Registered
610 Posts
Congrats from San Antonio, and yeah black is cool. :bop:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Philly, it is a Mopar part. I read too much about the crappy, loose fit of the knockoffs. I got it on Amazon for about $90.

Thanks giggey. I just ordered black Pintlers with black caps. That should blacken it out nicely. That also means there is a lift in my not too distant future.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Looks good.

i would get some plasti-dip or flexi-dip on those rims to complete the blackout. At least until you get real black wheels
Plasti-dip works great,it's cheap and easy to apply ,but stains quickly (Mud) and looks crap when it starts peeling.

·
Premium Member
1,767 Posts
Just arrived home with my new Jeep. I have had a lot of vehicles in my years but never a Jeep. I have been following the forum for several months and have a pretty good idea of the mods I would like to make. Thanks to all of your builds and pics for inspiration. It is great to see what a mod is going to look like (more or less) before your drop the cash on it.

Here is my first picture of my new 2015 black JKUR. Let the fun begin!

Jeep looks great and hello from another Austinite!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Question: is there a market for parts as you replace them with aftermarket mods? Like Rubi wheels and tires, bumpers, springs, shocks, rails, etc. it's all brand new but it's going to start piling up in my garage and didn't know whether to keep it in case I ever trade it in or sell them. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've seen Rubi wheels and tires on sale on craigslist for around $1500 and people do buy them. Somebody might be going back to stock or damaged a OEM part and always looking for a cheaper alternative then buying from the dealer.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a black Rubicon just like yours. I've had it about two weeks. I have a bunch of the stuff from my 2014 already on it, and have sold the wheels and tires on CL for $1,000. So some of the stuff can be sold...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts