Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I developed a loud lifter tick on the drivers side last week. 2015 jku sport s with 19k. This stated as an intermittent tick an quickly turned full time. I've used pensoil platinum synthetic 5w 20 changed every 5k miles. Had it to the dealer today, they diagnosed it as a collapsed lifter and said they ordered all the lifters for the drivers side and will be replacing them. Anyone else have this issue? I've seen the posts about the 2012 heads being an issue but not later models. Hopefully the lifter replacement will fix it. Goes back in Friday for the repair.

Rob

·
Registered
622 Posts
Mine purrs like a kitten. Haven't heard of any 2015s with issues. All good. Are you sure you're not hearing fuel injector tick?

Flash

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW did you use FRAM oil filter? It seems mine start ticking after I started using FRAM oil filter
I switched to Napa Gold. It did start after that. They replaced all the lifters on the drivers side last week. Was good for a week, now it came back and is going in to the dealer this week again. I don't think it's filter related though.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Did you use the correct filter with the "ball" on the end? There are two different oil filters for the 3.6 in the JK, 2014+ need the updated filter with the ball on the end.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
You may be in the early stages of a Lemon Law claim so keep track of every name and date....
I always use Mopar Filters just in case but it's anyones guess as to whether Filter brands matter, certainly the correct filter matters.

·
Registered
28 Posts
So I went to the dealer and they changed:

12 lifters at left cylinder head, left valve cover gasket, 6 intake manifold gasket

But it still ticks!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Mine ticks pretty loudly in the first few seconds at startup, but then disappears. Not the best sound in the world, but it runs well, so I will live with it for now.

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
I get a tikka-tikka-tikka some times, but with the RPMs at idle (~700) I don't think it's a lifter. Engine seems to run fine. Might just be a spot on the serpentine belt.

·
Registered
115 Posts
It appears I have same lifter problem. Aggravating that this is happening before the 1st oil change. Centurion or rjlets, what did the dealer say caused the problem? Faulty lifter, rocker arm? I will take it to a dealer Tuesday. The dealer I bought it from is about 4 hours away. I hope the local dealer will be willing to fix the problem.

1 - 20 of 238 Posts