Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if there is anyway around the motion lock for the nab/dvd player in oem nav units. I know all about why it's there and the safety's and danger blah blah blah. But I would like to be able to search address and play cartoons for my daughter in the morning. Is there a way around it?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
THATS IT! Thank you so much and that link even has a install video. I appreciate that buddy I will look into this

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
I am wondering if there is anyway around the motion lock for the nab/dvd player in oem nav units. I know all about why it's there and the safety's and danger blah blah blah. But I would like to be able to search address and play cartoons for my daughter in the morning. Is there a way around it?
Most of the radio's with that feature(DVD), use the brakes to establish a ground, and when the brakes are not engaged or grounded, you can't use the DVD Player/NAV. The way one gets around it is to set that wire to a constant ground. This is the way that I did it with my DVD/Navigation radio. Actually, my professional installer set it up this way without even asking me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok I went out and started a movie then took the ebrake off and the movie shut off. I wonder if the wire is at the brake handle or on the pigtail behind the radio deck? And if I ground that wire would my BRAKE light stay lit on the dash at all times? Thanks for your help

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
You need to determine which wire from the radio harness is going to the ebrake, disconnect that wire from the ebrake, and ground that wire. When the ebrake is on, that wire is grounded. What you want to do is ground that wire all the time. This is the way it works on my aftermarket radio with DVD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts