Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in what others have paid for there 2015 Rubicon HR.
I ordered one last week. Silver metallic, 6 spd manual, dual top group & trailer tow group. MSRP was $39,370 . My selling price was $35,882. Also included in the deal is a Life Time Power train warranty. I thought that was a fair deal. After looking at a few threads online I have seen people getting $1500 - $$3000
bellow invoice ?! I'm wondering if I can negotiate pricing further when I take delivery in 6 - 8 weeks ?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
MSRP was $39,370 . My selling price was $35,882. Also included in the deal is a Life Time Power train warranty. I thought that was a fair deal. After looking at a few threads online I have seen people getting $1500 - $$3000
bellow invoice ?! I'm wondering if I can negotiate pricing further when I take delivery in 6 - 8 weeks ?
What's invoice on yours? You're already getting almost $3,500 off sticker, which is about 9%.... that's better than most.

Prices really have to your local market. Someone getting a better deal 2,000 miles away really isn't applicable to your situation at all. Well, unless you're willing to drive that 2,000 to buy one.

If you want to renegotiate when it arrives, well you can try. Why would the dealer want to? Wranglers are pretty easy to sell. If you don't want yours, I am sure the dealer can find someone else who does.

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
I'm interested in what others have paid for there 2015 Rubicon HR. I ordered one last week. Silver metallic, 6 spd manual, dual top group & trailer tow group. MSRP was $39,370 . My selling price was $35,882. Also included in the deal is a Life Time Power train warranty. I thought that was a fair deal. After looking at a few threads online I have seen people getting $1500 - $$3000 bellow invoice ?! I'm wondering if I can negotiate pricing further when I take delivery in 6 - 8 weeks ?
Looks like you already agreed on a price. As long as you don't mind if the dealer sells the Jeep under you, sure you can negotiate again once it arrives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My sales person said they only sell 2 -3 Rubicons a year. Mostly Sports and Sahara's. Invoice on my deal was $36,809. Looks like I did OK. The Lifetime Power Train Warranty is important to me and adds value also. Thanks for the input !

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Personally, I think it is as unethical for you to try to negotiate after you have agreed on a price as it is for the dealer to do so. How would you feel if, after your jeep came in and you were at the dealer to pick it up, the dealer tried to raise the price? If the jeep is ordered and you agreed on a price, you should stick to the agreement.

Joe

·
Registered
4,363 Posts
Personally, I think it is as unethical for you to try to negotiate after you have agreed on a price as it is for the dealer to do so. How would you feel if, after your jeep came in and you were at the dealer to pick it up, the dealer tried to raise the price? If the jeep is ordered and you agreed on a price, you should stick to the agreement.

Joe
Agreed, and that was the point I was trying to make above.

I always find it funny when people post stuff like this...they seem to be the same people that go into the dealer when their Jeep is ready for pickup and something "changes" or the deal falls thru and it's all the "dealers fault" and they're the "liars". Not saying this about the OP...just making a general statement.

You agreed on a price. Stick with it.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Ask a question and I'm an unethical liar. Great site.
No but if I was the dealer and you said I want it for a better price after the dealer went out of the way to order it for you I would tell you pound salt. Negotiating is a fine art and I love getting the best deal possible but i agree like others before once the price is determined and the deal is made it should be good enough for you. Who cares what others said they bought it for someone is always gonna get a better deal. I'm surprised someone on here hasn't gotten one for free with all the bs off invoice that is posted on here. you could walk away but you shouldn't ask for a better price. Also saying something on this forum about getting such deal is a lot different tHan actually getting that deal on paper. Which is why I suppose you actually don't see photos of paper work deals supporting the 15 percent off invoice bs

·
Registered
970 Posts
just paid 40,500 for my loaded sahara....sticker was 46k and invoice was 42500.

dont know if that helps....in indianapolis

·
Registered
133 Posts
If it makes you feel better, you did better then me! About the same sticker price and you are at least $1500 what I paid. If you traded, then it is really hard to compare.
I'm always moving forward and don't worry about what might have been. Look out the windshield not the rear window

·
Registered
64 Posts
$35,800 sounds like a good deal for a HR. I payed $34,500 for my 2015 Rubi with Hardtop, Connectivity, and Alpine speakers.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I paid $40,300 for mine with hardtop, 6 speed, auto temp, 430nav. They had to order it due to finding tank color is near impossible to find out here.

·
Registered
24 Posts
These price threads are always entertaining:). All deals will be different. What really matters is "out the door" price. One can have an alleged lower price for the jeep but some dealers' will pack on other charges and fees that negate the original "low" price. What is relevant for comparison is out the door price (maybe less sales tax as it varies by state).

Sounds like you got a very good deal. We have to remember that dealers need to make a fair return as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts