Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been answered, but any info on the new special model (name TBA), built on B and C package Sports, 16 inch black steel wheels, larger Bridgestone tires, hard top with tinted glass, A/C, Sirius radio and possibly 3.73 rear axle?

I am trying to see what the wheels look like and cannot seem to find them when searching the site.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update

I am hoping this pic uploaded. It is a tire/wheel package only - $995 price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
I think there is a model next year called the Hard Rock, but thought that was a higher end deal... Those wheels just look like painted versions of current 16" steelies with AT tires installed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Hard Rock is a Rubicon with some of the 10A options I believe. The blue one above has a line on the window sticker for black wheels/Duelers for $995. I do not mind them actually.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
If this is what you want to run long term on your Jeep, then go for it. If you bought these wheels after-the-fact, they cost approximately $140 each ($700 for five). Also, the Bridgestone Duelers in 16" are around $150 each, depending on size ($750 for five). So, if you really like this setup, then buying from the factory is a much better deal ($995 versus $1450).

I upgraded my factory Sahara wheels (18" x 7.5" with 6.25 backspacing) and tires (255/70R18) to Moab-style wheels (17" x 8.5" with 4.7 backspacing) along with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs (255/75R17) for $1400. I sold my stock set for $600, so I upgraded for only $800.

In the end, it is your Jeep...best of luck!

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
If this is what you want to run long term on your Jeep, then go for it. If you bought these wheels after-the-fact, they cost approximately $140 each ($700 for five). Also, the Bridgestone Duelers in 16" are around $150 each, depending on size ($750 for five). So, if you really like this setup, then buying from the factory is a much better deal ($995 versus $1450).

I upgraded my factory Sahara wheels (18" x 7.5" with 6.25 backspacing) and tires (255/70R18) to Moab-style wheels (17" x 8.5" with 4.7 backspacing) along with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTracs (255/75R17) for $1400. I sold my stock set for $600, so I upgraded for only $800.

In the end, it is your Jeep...best of luck!
You can get a set of new Rubicon take-offs w/MTR's for about $1100, can't ya? If the 3.73's are also part of the deal its a little more compelling since I believe they are now about a $400 option.

I'd still rather spend a little more and get the alloys if they're staying on. I got mine with steel wheels, bought a set of Sport S take off alloys/tires, then upgraded to 315's with Procomp wheels. I might not be approaching this from the most rational angle! ;)

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
You can get a set of new Rubicon take-offs w/MTR's for about $1100, can't ya? If the 3.73's are also part of the deal its a little more compelling since I believe they are now about a $400 option.

I'd still rather spend a little more and get the alloys if they're staying on. I got mine with steel wheels, bought a set of Sport S take off alloys/tires, then upgraded to 315's with Procomp wheels. I might not be approaching this from the most rational angle! ;)
Yes, you can get Rubicon take-offs w/BFG MTRs for around $1100, but you still have a 6.25" backspaced wheel, just in 17", although they do look much better. I wanted to run better backspacing without using spacers, as well as get a wider wheel for future upgrade potential.

Now, if the 3.73 axle ratio comes with this option, then it is well worth it, although I doubt Jeep would throw in a $495 upgrade with their $995 wheel & tire option. :thumb:

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sorry if this has been answered, but any info on the new special model (name TBA), built on B and C package Sports, 16 inch black steel wheels, larger Bridgestone tires, hard top with tinted glass, A/C, Sirius radio and possibly 3.73 rear axle?

I am trying to see what the wheels look like and cannot seem to find them when searching the site.
Have you checked out the Willys package? It has all that (17" wheels) plus LSD, rock rails, and a few other things.

·
Premium Member
260 Posts
The Hard Rock is a Rubicon with some of the 10A options I believe. The blue one above has a line on the window sticker for black wheels/Duelers for $995. I do not mind them actually.
The Hard Rock is EXACTLY the X model from last year, still a $4k-ish options package with the addition of a torx driver tool kit, an upgraded sound system, extended 5 years of Sirius service and some variations in color availability (maybe a few other small things)... that I know of.

·
Registered
10,178 Posts
The Hard Rock is EXACTLY the X model from last year, still a $4k-ish options package with the addition of a torx driver tool kit, an upgraded sound system, extended 5 years of Sirius service and some variations in color availability (maybe a few other small things)... that I know of.
And from the official model year announcement made yesterday, a black grill and inserts.

The 2015 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Hard Rock edition carries forward the capability-enhancing
features of the 2014 Rubicon X package, and adds the nine-speaker Premium Alpine audio
system and a new Low Gloss Black grille with High Gloss Black inserts.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Looks like Glenbrook Dodge. I purchased my JKU from there earlier this year, great group of guys. We went in there yesterday messing around. If the one you're looking at was power windows, it would be in my garage. ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts