Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a 2015 Unlimited Sport and I have been wanting to upgrade the look of the rear end a little by adding LED tail lights (including third above spare). The problem I face is that EVERY brand I have found ends up having some of the worst reviews I have seen... Spyder and Recon being the two I liked best in regards to looks (smoked lens with black housing).

The difficulty seems to be that Spyder LED tail lights have terrible signals (barely illuminate when blinking for a turn) and the Recon ones say they are "plug and play" but they are not from what I read... a lot of splicing and need for regulators.

Has anyone purchased a pair of LED tail lights that were plug and play and they are happy with? I want easy install, plug and play electrical, smoked lens with black housing. Any help is appreciated!

-Mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The third brake light is LED from the factory. As far as I know the recons ARE plug n play

Recon 264234 LED Tail Lights; Jeep Wrangler JK

I've read multiple reviews that call out Recon as "falsely advertising" these as plug and play... saying that installation required splicing wires and adding a regulator to support them. Hence my suspicion to buy from Recon. The issue with the Spyder tail lights (again, according to user reviews) is that the blinking is either really fast or really dim... or both.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the Anzo's. I love them. I have the JW Speaker J's for the headlights. Went with the Anzo's because I think they look better with the color of my jeep.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts