Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess I’ll join the build thread and show off my new Jeep!!!

On February 2nd, 2015 I ordered my first Wrangler in almost 11 years and it arrived well in advance of the dealers 6-8 week timeframe.

For those who have waited much, much longer I am sorry, but the wait for my first ever ordered vehicle only took 25 days!!! :)

On February 27th I picked up my 2015 Tank JKU Willys Wheeler and haven’t stopped smiling since!

Here he was one the night he was delivered!

2015-02-26 20.52.37.jpg

And here are some from the day I picked him up:

2015-02-27 16.00.53.jpg

2015-03-02 13.09.48.jpg

2015-03-02_1330.jpg

Here’s a picture of one of my fur-buddies that can’t wait for warm weather so we can take the top off….meet Lebowski!

2015-03-02 17.16.07_Lebowski.jpg

I am far from being a mechanic and will have to enlist help from friends and/or the dealer for some of my mods but I look forward to doing as many on my own as I can!

:awesome::iamhappy:

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are the first two mods I completed this past weekend:

Bestop - Under Seat Lock Box
2015-02-28 17.32.59.jpg

AntennaX 24” antenna

Old:
2015-02-28 17.43.59.jpg

New:
2015-03-01 22.01.16.jpg
2015-03-01 22.01.22.jpg

I have already ordered the Bestop Under Seat Lock Box for the passenger side, McGard black locking lug nuts, nFab wheel to wheel steps and the Mopar 2" Lift (which is on back order for a few weeks).

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome to the madness! :D

·
Registered
926 Posts
Nice.

I just read about the uppers scratching the paint on the top of the lowers. I plan on putting some protective clear tape either on the inside of the uppers (preferred because not visible) or on the top of the lower doors (less preferred because visible).

Pull the uppers off and report what you find please!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:thumb: Nice, love that Tank color!!!
Congratulations! Welcome to the madness! :D
Nice.

I just read about the uppers scratching the paint on the top of the lowers. I plan on putting some protective clear tape either on the inside of the uppers (preferred because not visible) or on the top of the lower doors (less preferred because visible).

Pull the uppers off and report what you find please!

Thank you everyone!

I will check the half doors and see if there are any issues, but it may be a good idea to put something on them to protect them just in case.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
649 Posts
Good looking jeep! Love that new color big time! And those half door soft top 4drs are realllly growing on me. Makes them look more rough a rugged. Looking forward to your future mods!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Love the name!
Good looking jeep! Love that new color big time! And those half door soft top 4drs are realllly growing on me. Makes them look more rough a rugged. Looking forward to your future mods!

Thanks!

And it's cold, snowy, rainy, sucky a:censored:s weather in Indiana and I still love the half doors!!! Can't wait until we get a nice spring day...should be sometime around June!!! :lmao:

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Thanks!

And it's cold, snowy, rainy, sucky a:censored:s weather in Indiana and I still love the half doors!!! Can't wait until we get a nice spring day...should be sometime around June!!! :lmao:
Buy a Lava Jacket from ACE and avoid the spring time wait! :D

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
What the??? Holy cow that's awesome! I'd never seen those before!
I ♥ mine. It's does look a little Stay-Puft marshmallow man like, but the heat is WORTH it! Especially if you find the temperature has changed unexpectedly, but you don't have time to lift the top. :)

I keep mine in the pocket behind my seat.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GREAT looking Jeep! and Pup! the name is very fitting! :)
Thank you!!! I love my Jeep almost as much as my furry friends!

And yes, the name fits him...he's a very chill, laid back dude...he gives zero f*@ks about anything! lol. :)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts