Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife just got a 2015 Rubicon Unlimited for Valentines Day. She was pretty excited. Now she is going to start her own build.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Starting Small

We started off small and did the matching interior paint for the AC vents and door pieces. She bought a steering wheel cover. Also gave her the metal JK description badge from "The Adventure Badge" website. Most expensive mod was the steering wheel cover. Paint was cheap and simple. Did it to my Jeep as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quadratec LED Headlights and Fog Lights

Just installed these this evening on the wife's new jeep. She does her own installs so she's a keeper in my book. The last photo I duplicated from the the first day we brought the jeep home to show the difference in the headlights.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
That interior came out great. What paint did you use?

I bought a 15 JKU Rubicon a couple weeks ago. I bought a few parts but have been looking up lights. I am going to check those out.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Just installed these this evening on the wife's new jeep. She does her own installs so she's a keeper in my book. The last photo I duplicated from the the first day we brought the jeep home to show the difference in the headlights.
Nice! Another build for the wife, sounds familiar...I love it! Where in Illinois are you guys?

-Steven

Reactions: gratone1

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey

That interior came out great. What paint did you use?

I bought a 15 JKU Rubicon a couple weeks ago. I bought a few parts but have been looking up lights. I am going to check those out.
We just used acrylic paint from Wal-Mart. It was 50 cents. The brand was Apple Barrel. Did three coats of paints and then three coats of clear coat. They have all kinds of colors to choose from. Trick is surface prep though.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Another build for the wife, sounds familiar...I love it! Where in Illinois are you guys?

-Steven
Were in Southern IL about 30-45 minutes from St. Louis

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

-Steven
Just checked out your website. Love your jeep blog! Keep up the good work.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Just checked out your website. Love your jeep blog! Keep up the good work.
Thank you very much for that!!! Much more to come, stay tuned.

-Steven

Reactions: gratone1

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Taillights

JW Speaker Taillights Installed

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
We just used acrylic paint from Wal-Mart. It was 50 cents. The brand was Apple Barrel. Did three coats of paints and then three coats of clear coat. They have all kinds of colors to choose from. Trick is surface prep though.
Awesome. The creativity of some folks is amazing.

Following along.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We rebadged Dory

So we took the old decals off and put on new ones from pixeldecals.com. Top notch place to get any decal you want! Replaced the trail rated badge with the "Her Jeep" badge from 4x4tabs.com. Got it custom made to match the jeep color. The last decal is for a recently deceased friend, but I figured I'd add it to the photo since we put it on the same day. The only thing missing is to get the blacked out jeep emblem for the front.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wife had a birthday so we added some toys

So we added some small details to the Jeep. The dead pedal is a must have for all Jeep owners in my opinion. The third brake light looks really cool as well and is simple and cheap upgrade. Fuel door I got off of FB marketplace for 60 bucks so that was a steal. The black Jeep emblem was the final piece of the rebadging

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Tailgate cover and door hinge bushings

So the Smittybuilt Tailgate cover was something I had on my old Jeep and the wife wanted it on hers. They come with 7/16 self tapping screws. On my old Jeep they just rusted and looked horrible and it didn't sit right. So I got to thinking and used nutserts. We drilled with a 3/8 drill bit and inserted M6 outserts with matching screws. It sits a lot cleaner in my opinion and looks really good. Then we had to replace the door hinge bushings because they were horrible as you can see. The Delrin bushings are extremely nice and well with the purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Dirty Acres Grill Insert

Installed the grill insert from Dirty Acres LLC. Looks amazing!

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Floor Mats & Entry Guards

Got the all weather floor mats from Quadratec and they threw in free entry guards since we purchased the "Triple combo" package. These floor mats are a must have in my opinion. The entry guards are just a nice subtle touch.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
US Speedo added this evening

Got the stainless steel speedo with blue lights installed this evening. Looks sharp!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ARB Diff Cover

Installed the ARB diff covers front and back with reusable Lubelocker gaskets.

Attachments

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
JW Speaker Smoked Turn Signals

They look amazing with the black on the blue

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts