Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to find out what version of Garmin Maps is loaded? I just picked up my new Jeep a few weeks ago and, during a recent trip, saw a few newer businesses that weren't listed on the points of interest.

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
I think there's an "Information" screen somewhere in the menu list. Before you go to all that trouble I'm pretty sure they will tell you that your 2015 already has the latest map update.

You can go to Update to the Latest Maps on the Navteq website and find out.

·
Registered
126 Posts
You can check on the "info" page but I'm betting there 2013. I bought by 2015 in December and that's what was on it.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Figured out how to get the map version.
From the main Navigation screen, select Settings.
Then select Map.
Then, touch the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left corner
Select Info
It will provide the map version. Mine shows OEM CN North America NT 2015. I guess it's current.

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
keep looking... you will want to know if you have:

(I think these are quarterly updates)

There is another method where you select to update your maps/icons/POIs, etc and it asks you to insert a usb stick into the front, after which it will write an xml file containing info on every piece of software related to your NAV System.

·
Premium Member
6,898 Posts
I do know that if you go to the Navteq website and do a search for 2014 Wrangler map updates it will say that you already have the latest maps. I imagine someone would get a similar result with a 2015, which does not even show on the list yet.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Figured out how to get the map version.
From the main Navigation screen, select Settings.
Then select Map.
Then, touch the 3 horizontal bars in the upper left corner
Select Info
It will provide the map version. Mine shows OEM CN North America NT 2015. I guess it's current.
can you do me a favor and hit menu, then system info and tell me your application version

1 - 8 of 8 Posts