Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Drove a 2012 wrangler for 3/4yrs no issues. Leased a new 2015 wrangler 5 months ago and I have already cracked my windshield two times. 1st time was a nick from a rock flying up on the highway. Today same thing a rock hit the windshield and will now need to be replaced. I understand the issue lies with the windshield not being slanted like regular cars but this is crazy why are they so delicate?!?!馃槶. Do you think this is a possible defect?!

Registered
You are just not dodging the road debris quick enough. Need to work on that.
Seriously I doubt it's anything more than bad luck. I think most of us have been through this and some a few times.
I often hear things hitting the windshield and wonder why I escaped with no new cracks.

Registered
Just circumstance. There's no difference from a 12 to a 15. Keep more distance between vehicles and don't drive behind trucks if you can avoid it.

Registered
Yep, windshields are crapshoot.
I had one of my employees replace the windshield on the company van, two weeks later he called and it was knocked out again. Sometimes it just can't be avoided, but as mentioned above, pay attention to your surroundings. I simply do not follow dump trucks, every time they hit an expansion joint, they loose a half yard of gravel (from the load or the bottom of the truck).

Registered
I replaced my windshield about three months after I got my JK... After driving it for another couple of months, I can tell its going to happen again. I've had a couple of rocks hit since, and its just the angle of the windshield, and the number of rocks on the road...

Just glad I wasn't on the motorcycle, or this would have taken my head off...

Registered
sounds like bad luck to me. Same exact scenario happened to me a few years ago on my ford super duty. Rock cracked my windshield one day. Got it replaced and 2 weeks later a rock cracked it again. Had to get a whole new shield again. Its been 7 years since that has happened and no windshields. "knock on wood of course"

Registered

Registered
rock hit mine last week and put a nice round hole in it. Safelite "repaired" the hole but it more or less looks like they did nothing. Called insurance today to tell them I'm not satisfied with the work and I want a new OEM windshield and they authorized it. Such an inconvenience. Jeep is not even 4 months old yet.

ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor

Registered
Honestly sounds like you're following to close. Drives me nuts when people cut right in front of me, but I back off if they do and if they have dually wheels I back off even faster.

Some insurance companies offer windshield insurance, if so buy it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you everyone. I was driving from NY to NJ at 7am no cars on the road but there's construction everywhere around us. It was spider crack the size of a quarter yesterday then today I get in my car and it cracked accross the whole windshield. I'm def looking into windshield insurance I had the car 5months and I already need a windshield. 馃槶

1 - 12 of 12 Posts