Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you might find this interesting. I just got a new Jeep 2 weeks ago and I may be obsessing a little.

So I couldn't find any data on production of jeeps by color or model so I decided to gather some data. I used Autotrader.com and it showed over 30,000 new 2015 Jeeps for sales.

For instance some highlights
- Brown is the least popular and available color,
- Black is the most popular(of course)
- Sport makes of 37% of available Jeeps

Well you get the picture. Details below:

Total # 30,898 for sale today
  • Sport - 37%
  • Sahara - 20%
  • Rubicon - 3.2%
  • Unlimited Sport - 14%
  • Unlimited Sahara - 11%
  • Unlimited Rubicon - 12%

• Black - 20%
  • White - 17%
  • Silver - 11%
  • Red - 10%
  • Blue - 7%
  • Yellow -6%
  • Green - 5%
  • Orange - 4%
  • Anvil - 3.5%
  • Brown - 2.6%
I didn't count Freedom, Willy's, X, and Polar Edition

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Interesting... thanks for the data!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I like seeing The blue in the middle of the pack rather than towards the top. Honestly would have liked to have seen it super low, but I'll take it lol

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Wow so a two door Rubi in Anvil is about as rare as it gets aside from brown. I'm special! Haha

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Very interesting.... I always thought that the 4-door Unlimiteds sold more than the 2-doors. Guess not.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very interesting.... I always thought that the 4-door Unlimiteds sold more than the 2-doors. Guess not.
Maybe they are sold more, and consequently, not listed on autotrader, because, well...they sold.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Maybe they are sold more, and consequently, not listed on autotrader, because, well...they sold.
Are you saying that bobbypats' data is, possibly, flawed? :crash2:

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
So the tank I'm ordering is either rare or unpopular depending on how I spin it?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm exceedingly happy with the JKUHR tank I ordered. I can't wait to pick it up. I love the color. That it is apparently fairly rare is a bonus to me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
So the tank I'm ordering is either rare or unpopular depending on how I spin it?
or you can take my probably flawed metric that would suggest its insanely popular because dealers cant manage to keep them on their lots.

Sounds like we need a 2015 WF Census.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
I personally want color #4 or #5 (both are bright). My family wants me to buy #10 (more sedate).

What does that say about me? mid-life crisis perhaps? :)

·
Registered
10,420 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I understand the data isn't perfect but Autotrader is used by almost all dealers nationwide and the sample size represents over 20% of annual sales, 2+ months of inventory so it is probably not a matter of representing what is left rather what the general make up of the production is.

I told my family last night that I was trading in my 3 week JKUR in Anvil for a Yellow JKU HardRock which they concluded I am having a serious midlife crisis.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I understand the data isn't perfect but Autotrader is used by almost all dealers nationwide and the sample size represents over 20% of annual sales, 2+ months of inventory so it is probably not a matter of representing what is left rather what the general make up of the production is. I told my family last night that I was trading in my 3 week JKUR in Anvil for a Yellow JKU HardRock which they concluded I am having a serious midlife crisis.
one month and one-thousand miles and I would buy it again.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts