Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, just got 2015 Sport. I have a question: it is not full time all wheel drive, correct? I need to switch it to 4x4 high for all wheel drive? The sales guy for some reason said the car is always in all wheel drive. Does he not know what he is selling? Thanks

·
Administrator
42,612 Posts
No, it's not full time FWD, you have to shift it with the smaller shift lever next to the larger one. Sounds like your owner's manual is smarter than your salesman.

I'd also like to say . . .

Welcome to the forum! :wavey:

Click here for helpful tips for newcomers
_______
/l ,[____],
l---L -OlllllllO-
()_) ()_)--o-)_)

·
Super Moderator
8,238 Posts
He is a moron lol. Part time 4wd (4 lo/4 hi).

·
Registered
555 Posts
hello, just got 2015 Sport. I have a question: it is not full time all wheel drive, correct? I need to switch it to 4x4 high for all wheel drive? The sales guy for some reason said the car is always in all wheel drive. Does he not know what he is selling? Thanks
Correct the salesman doesn't know. You have to put it in four wheel drive with the shifter on the left and not on dry pavement. You have to be in neutral then you can shift to four low. If you have not done so, call customer care and request the complete manual be sent to you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
It's unbelievable how incompetent some of these Jeep salespeople are! I've run across a good amount of them, and most of them know less than the average poster on this forum. Knowledge is power!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I am not defending sales people but most bounce from dealership to dealership and just a lousy way to make money long hours no pay.
Very few take the time to know what they are selling.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was certain that he was telling me BS..just had to do a sanity check - he was a Jeep salesman after all.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Uninformed sales people are the worst. I understand they may move around a lot a may not make a ton of money. However vehicles are expensive and even if you do your own research manufacturers are changing shit daily. I ordered a rubicon with 4.10 gears....I was told! Gets here and I have 3.73. I waited 6 weeks and the value if my trade apparently dropped a couple of grand(or a least no other dealer would give me within 2700 of what I got). So I felt I had to stay with the deal I had made. I have complained to everybody I know to complain to but when I left the lot I was screwed. Salesperson apparently didn't realize that 4.10 were only stock on manual rubicon and I wasn't aware either. So now the extra I got for my trade will go toward new gears. I did find it amazing that the owner of the dealership knew to add the 4.10 gear to the rubicon they ordered for his wife!!! Don't deal with the Jeep in Stark Florida if you have a choice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts