Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently traded in my 2007 sahara in for a 2016 Black Bear. Unfortunately I didn't really listen to the radio during test drive, and bought without the alpine upgrade. This stock system is horrible! I definitely want to keep the stock HU and I have a set of JBL coax for the sound bar, a set of Kenwood components for the front, an alpine mrv-f300 4 channel amp, and will pick up a powered sub soon. I ordered the necessary wiring harnesses so I won't have to cut into the factory wiring too. Has anyone found a place to fit the amp behind the dash? I really don't want it under the seat.

·
Registered
429 Posts
why do you want to keep the stock HU?

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
I recently traded in my 2007 sahara in for a 2016 Black Bear. Unfortunately I didn't really listen to the radio during test drive, and bought without the alpine upgrade. This stock system is horrible! I definitely want to keep the stock HU and I have a set of JBL coax for the sound bar, a set of Kenwood components for the front, an alpine mrv-f300 4 channel amp, and will pick up a powered sub soon. I ordered the necessary wiring harnesses so I won't have to cut into the factory wiring too. Has anyone found a place to fit the amp behind the dash? I really don't want it under the seat.
I put an amp, a dsp, and numerous wires/rcas under the dash on the drives side. It's not easy to work under there, though...

The first pic is about half of the equipment that is stuffed in there.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After removing the front panel under the steering column, looks like a good amount of space in there. But it does look tedious to get in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts