Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Super excited to be able to do this build finally! I had a maroon 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon with AEV everything sitting on 35 Nitto Trail Grapplers with an Edelbrock Supercharger under the hood... but the supercharger frustrated me to no end so it then pushed me to sell the whole Jeep and start fresh! Now I'm sitting with a white 2016 Wrangler Rubicon Hardrock. Yes I know that if i'm going to get rid of the Hardrock Package accessories why get it... It was a great damn deal! Better than if I got a regular rubicon from another dealership. :):)

My plans for the Yeti are to make it bigger and better than the last! :drinks:
The plan so far is to theme it all with... you guessed it, Genright! I also plan to roll on 37's and regear to 4.88's with a new an improved Danatrac front axle! But there is one thing I plan on not doing and that's to put an Edelbrock supercharger :puke: (sadly).
More details to come soon!! Super excited and here are some pics of the old vs the new! Sorry that one is sideways, don't know how to turn it haha.

IMG_0104[1].jpg
IMG_0266[1].jpg

2016 (So Far)
IMG_0724[1].jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Lift Day!

Today I went down to High Country 4x4 to pick up my 4 inch AEV lift along with my brand new 37/12.5/r17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on Fuel Trophy rims. I considered getting the Method 101 Bealock but I didn't see getting beadlocks for the type of wheeling I do.:beerdrinking:

Pic of the tires and rims:
IMG_0739.jpg IMG_0738.jpg

Lift Pics:
IMG_0728.jpg IMG_0722.jpg
IMG_0720.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haven't heard anything good about super chargers it seems. What was wrong with the one u had?
Well when I was out at EJS last spring I test drove then one that Edelbrock had there it was perfect and ran perfectly! But when I purchased it and put it on it wasn't the same experience. Since I'm in Colorado it didn't run the same as it would if it was at a lower elevation. All of the similar products companies have different tunes they had in them and now are sending a high elevation pulley system and stuff. But mine just didn't had the correct shift points and the correct amount of fuel going into the motor snd my MPG went to shit (I know that the supercharger wouldn't help but it went worse than if it was tuned correctly. And I worked with the master tuner over at Edelbrock for 6 months day after day trying to get it to run correct, but they then soon gave up and never got back to me one day... Sorry for the ramble haha

·
Registered
9 Posts
That is a great looking jeep. Im really liking those wheels as well. One question for you, since im in the market for wheels. Ive got the same tires as you so do you get any rub lock to lock? Or did you do the washer trick in the stops? :beerdrinking:

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That is a great looking jeep. Im really liking those wheels as well. One question for you, since im in the market for wheels. Ive got the same tires as you so do you get any rub lock to lock? Or did you do the washer trick in the stops? :beerdrinking:
Thanks SMIB!! More to come! I didn't do anything with the rims to make them not rub at all. The offset it enough that it doesn't rub at all on street driving, can't saying anything about wheeling yet, but I bet it'll be fine! I'm also sitting at +6 offset than a -6 offset because I didn't want shit to be thrown all over my jeep all the time... :drinks: All of the Fuel rims fit really well on jeep axles, not rubbing and all. But then compared to AEV rims the offset of those are +10 so they are sucked in quite a bit under the fender. My neighbor across the street has the AEV Savegre rims on KO2's and they don't rub at all when wheeling or on road! I like the look of the tires sitting out of the fenders a bit so those ones weren't for me. :)

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Looks like you are off to a good start! Welcome to the Hard Rock club!

Sucks about the s/c on the old Jeep, for that kind of money you'd expect a bit better support.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks like you are off to a good start! Welcome to the Hard Rock club!

Sucks about the s/c on the old Jeep, for that kind of money you'd expect a bit better support.
Thank you Johnnyp26! I am honored! :beerme:
But yes I was expecting much more support from Edelbrock than I recieved. But now some day it will be time to put in a V8 instead... :):)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Upgraded Drive Shaft

Okay today I picked up my new custom drive shaft from High country 4x4!! There is a big difference compared to the stock one that comes in the Rubicon. This will help a lot with more clearance and the little vibes I have a high-ish speeds. :bop:

Here's some comparisons between stock (bronze) vs new (black)
IMG_0729.jpg IMG_0730.jpg
IMG_0731.jpg IMG_0732.jpg

The bottom last photo shows the place of the seal that I've experienced leak issues on my 2012 I had and this seal requires a complete replacement like every 30,000 miles or so. So I opted for one that I could grease every once in a while and no real seals that need to be replaced so damn often! :):)

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Genright Sliders!

Today is the day for drilling the holes into the tub for the Genright rocksliders!! I'm going to cringe at every hole drilled, but its for the benefit of the tub! haha
Today my neighbor and I are using this rivet/nutzert tool, which is an amazing tool that just makes it all a lot easier! Whens we were putting in the nuzerts we put a little bit of silicone on them before we crimped them in to seal the holes a bit better and to makes it go into the tub smoother.
IMG_0770.jpg

Here's the stock Hardrock ones:
IMG_0766.jpg
Going to try and sell these and make some money back for the Genright ones :)

I got these in aluminum to keep the weight down on the all around armor add-ons. See here the great welds and solid construction!!
IMG_0777.jpg IMG_0778.jpg IMG_0776.jpg

The only downside to these fenders so far thay I've noticed (not in my situation) that the slider part that get's bolted onto the tub armor piece won't fit on with the stock fenders on. The slider wraps into the wheel well a bit and runs right into the fender. So that sucks if you don't want to switch out the fenders but in my case I am, so it's all good!! :drinks: But now I have to take them off and drop them off at the powdercoater!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Axle day!!!!!!

Today is the day to get that new Dynatrac ProRock 44!!! The kit I purchased from Drynatrac is just the housing. I was able to transfer the "guts" from the stock 44 to the beefier housing, which also allowed to same a buck from doing it this way :):). Along with this housing my local 4x4 shop High Country was able to get the housing with all the AEV brackets welded on instead of having to bolt them all back on, like you would to the stock axle. I am also getting re-geared to 4.88 with G2 gears. I was originally was going to go with Yukon gears but I heard bad things about their customer service and warranty's and such, and I got a deal :bop:!! So I have a ton of photos and I'll try to be selective of them haha.

Before and after:
IMG_0325.jpg IMG_0355.jpg
IMG_0328.jpg IMG_0376.jpg

And here you can see the bracket welded on instead of having to use u-bolts around the axle to hold the steering correction bracket on:
IMG_0347.jpg

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nicely done bro.....what's the total height with 37s and 4" lift?
Thanks Boilermaker! I just measured and the height is 6 foot 9. That's only with like 300 miles on it. The suspension will probably settle a little, but won't change it much.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts