Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having a 2 door JK for a couple years. I now know what needs to be done with my 'new' four door! Here is stock-stock day 1. Won't stay small for long!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Having taken off lots of parts from my red two door, it just kinda worked I got a hard rock. Just lucky the red parts will still work. First example hood latches. Took the hood scoop off the old and just added 3m tape-good as new. Window gaurds I had new in the box that I never put on the old one. Worked out-the HR now gets brand new rain guards

Attachments

Reactions: 2qik2see

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recycled Lights, Winch and Rear Bumper never looked so good. Front bumper is brand new tho. Got a crazy half price deal on it somehow.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
New things that say Jeep never a bad addition!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
With the Help of a Very Good Friend and a looooonnnnngggg Monday Night. Got the new AFE Y Pipe and Loop Delete as well as an added Rumble with the gift of a Cat back Flow Master set up. She's sounding mean now!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is better than Christmas! Less than a month in and making great progress. All the things done so far is just prep and killing time until the big stuff arrives.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gifts from Friends are the best. Red door handle inserts and red grab bars from the last one. Thanks H2JKU! Also got the spare me spare tire adapter mounted-nothing to it. I'll just leave it attached and if I needed to throw the bike rack on its ready to receive it. In the pic you can see the led behind tire brake light too.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To continue with the concept of "doing it right." I fixed a few things Jeep dropped the ball on. First thing is no room for pointless things on this Jeep. Cut the useless hood vents. And removed footman and windshield bumpers. Added windshield washer nozzles-mostly just for fun. But turns out I really like them. All in all I can now look at my hood and not cringe. Last, added LED Domes inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
The build is coming along nicely, but i feel that the best is yet to come. :thumb:

Reactions: Mc1123

·
Registered
706 Posts
If the hood vents start to fade check into line-X for them. Looks good and holds up great. I’ve had mine for 2 yrs and they still look new as the day I had them covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If the hood vents start to fade check into line-X for them. Looks good and holds up great. I’ve had mine for 2 yrs and they still look new as the day I had them covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Awesome! Thanks. I was already considering painting them red as is. I could deff see how they could fade.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Currently fenderless since Safari pal sent some twisted fenders. But they refunded my purchase quickly. So I'm looking at other options. In the meantime here is a pic of my reused spacers, rims and tires. 18" and Nitto 33"s. The Grappler Exo's did their job-going on 60k. Are fine for street but I got 'stuck' in some mud the other day. Still love the rims even tho they are showing some wear after tearing them up for 2 summers. I have to run 18" because of Rock Krawler Tie Rod. And that is making tire shopping a little more difficult in 37's. Trade off's

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
After having my Red 2 door 'broken' into. My doors were off.....Dont! Trust the center console to lock anything. It can be pulled open by a weak child. What a joke that Jeep doesn't provide more protection on a vehicle that they know people are going to have canvas protecting their valuables. Rant aside. I got under seat locking drawers. Very worth it. Prolly could have got away with one but in case I have others with me who want to lock up stuff, these will provide more than enough room. I'd say you could easily fit 4 wallets and phones in one. I was half hoping I could fit my cobra nighthawk CB in one but its just not wide enough. All you have to do to install passenger is remove the bracket and relocate wire. Stupid easy. Driver has nothing in the way.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Things just got kicked up a notch. 5.13's have arrived :bop:

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Game has officially been changed! 4.5 High steer Metal Cloak Game changer is complete. It was a slow and hard fought battle but well worth it. Added a set of Falcon Piggy Backs. The ride is so smooth. Tires this week!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
While everything was apart added some DV8 Bump Stops!

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Also did a little touch up on the faded hub 'caps'. The center wasn't so bad so I decided to just add some mo red to the faded outer ring. And painted the screws too. Also got one of the AJT key fab covers. All the custom mods! :action-smiley: :happyyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
i cannot wait to see your jeep flexed out! got the bumpstops setup PERFECTLY on it!

Reactions: Mc1123
1 - 20 of 57 Posts