Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new to all this but i want to put this problem im having out there with my new 2016 jeep wrangler. The under part of my hood is rubbing on my engine compartment and shearing away the paint and metal. Has anyone else had or seen this happen? its rubbing on the upper part of the hood towards the grill let me know your thoughts on this. thanks.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Hey guys im new to all this but i want to put this problem im having out there with my new 2016 jeep wrangler. The under part of my hood is rubbing on my engine compartment and shearing away the paint and metal. Has anyone else had or seen this happen? its rubbing on the upper part of the hood towards the grill let me know your thoughts on this. thanks.
Brand new 2016 issue = dealer warranty repair.

Don't mess with it yourself. Take it back to your dealer and show them the issue. You're fully covered.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
There's probably stuff you can do, but use your warranty for it first. The dealer can screw things up pretty bad too, so keep and eye on it and ask what they are going to do before they do it. It may be something simple enough you can do and then have the dealer get you some touch up paint.

Post some photos here too, maybe it's an easy fix.

·
Registered
723 Posts
The only time this can happen is if you use certain aftermarket hood tie down latches. If your Jeep is stock go straight to the dealer. New car owners with stock vehicles shouldn't have to even think about things like this. Be nice when you go in, it will get you much farther.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I am not 100% sure what you mean is rubbing up against the underside of the hood, but if its the engine cover, I would guess that the engine cover is loose and needs to be pushed back down and reseated.

Regardless, I agree with everyone else. Have the dealer deal with it.

·
Commercial Member
1,550 Posts
Yes, reseat the engine cover and make sure it pops into the round pegs...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey guys thanks for all the responses and sorry for the late reply I ended up bringing it to the Jeep dealer. I showed them the issue they took a few pictures and sent it to Jeep and was waiting for a response to see what the fix would be. I just got a call today from the dealer he said he got the okay to put some touch-up paint on the hood and replace the bottom brackets/panel that seems to be the issue of the rubbing so I hope that would be the end of this issue but I'm still going to keep an eye on it to see if the issue continues. I attached a few pictures of what the issue is and dont mind the black tape on the brackets just did that to see if it would help for now seems like black tape is almost a good fix for every little problem on the Wranglers lol I'll keep you guys posted on this once again thank guys for your thoughts.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,133 Posts
My 2016 has the exact same hood rubs. I never noticed it till I removed the hood insulation. I have 1200 miles on it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My 2016 has the exact same hood rubs. I never noticed it till I removed the hood insulation. I have 1200 miles on it.
Spread the word who ever has a 2016 i have just over 600 miles this should not be happening i hope the dealer fix solves the problem

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update: okay so all the dealer did was touch up the paint. On the hood and realigned the radiator support brackets and realigned the hood so I'll see what happens but I do feel like this problem will reoccur if you do to have this problem keep me up to date on how your progress is going as well

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
My 2016 Black Bear has a black sticker, that has a fabric like texture, in the spot that you have damage. I will snap a photo tomorrow if you'd like to see what I'm referring to.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Update: okay so all the dealer did was touch up the paint. On the hood and realigned the radiator support brackets and realigned the hood so I'll see what happens but I do feel like this problem will reoccur if you do to have this problem keep me up to date on how your progress is going as well
This is what the underside of my hood looks like note the black circles. They are heavy duty stickers with a fabric like texture

ForumRunner_20160325_083406.jpg

ForumRunner_20160325_083422.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
This is what the underside of my hood looks like note the black circles. They are heavy duty stickers with a fabric like texture

[iurl="http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2914585&d=1458909247"]
[/iurl]

[iurl="http://www.wranglerforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2914593&d=1458909263"]
[/iurl]
Where would i get a pair of those stickers after they did the paint touch up i just put back the black tape.

·
Premium Member
190 Posts
Where would i get a pair of those stickers after they did the paint touch up i just put back the black tape.
Maybe you should ask the dealer why your 2016 didn't come with those stickers. I would expect that the dealer should be able to get them for you, as they came stock on my 2016 jku black bear.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts