Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

new guy here. I've been searching the forum for an audio wiring diagram for my 2016 Unlimited Sport S, with the basic stereo. I went to the communications and electronics section, but there doesn't seem to be anything updated for the later models and there are lots of requests for info but no one getting a response.

Can someone please point me in the right direction to where I can locate the wiring info I need to install an aftermarket amplifier to my factory head unit. I need to install a line out converter and need to tap into the factory wiring harness.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,363 Posts
Unfortunately, FCA found out that we were all accessing their on-line wiring diagrams, and locked us out of that website. :rant:

The good thing, they haven't locked us out of the connector website, http://connectors.dcctools.com. Search for your Wrangler, and they scroll down to "Radio". That will give you the signal names on the connectors on the back of the head unit.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Thanks DAVIDRAM.

Do you recall what wire you used to tap the remote turn on source?

Rav
I pulled remote power from the cig lighter in the dash... It's quite easy to do. Btw, I never pulled my head unit when I did my audio.

I have a number of things (amps, dsp, lighting, camera, etc.) connected to that same remote wire.

Don't use the cig lighter in the center console as that one is constant!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts