Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Might help to tell us if you were towing something (I.E. a trailer) or you were towing the Jeep with another vehicle?
Also, are you saying it is physically difficult to shift the lever from neutral to drive?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I am a new kid on the block. The shifting problem I described has to do with the transfer case not the trans after being towed behind a motor home. I did everything the manual stated and still have the problem.

·
Registered
47 Posts
What year, is it brand new?
When they are new, it is very difficult to shift the transfer case from 2wd to 4wd for the first few times. It should loosen up over time.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Is the transfer case shifter difficult to move, or does it move through all the positions with no resistance?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mine was like that the first couple of times...start the jeep up, put it in drive, then back to neutral turn jeep off (still in neutral) and wait 20 sec and then try to shift the transfer case out of Neutral. Make sure the park brake is off (helps to be on level ground) and gearshift in neutral. After 4 or 5 times towing it will get a lot easier. Mine slides in/out of any position now.

Reactions: jimw2910
1 - 7 of 7 Posts