Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a white Wrangler Sport S; 2Dr; automatic; soft top only; air conditioning; electric windows and door locks; leather wrap steering and defrost side mirrors. Looks like MSRP is around $29. What's a reasonably good price for one now? Going to do cash. Looks like USAA car buy is only $400 off MSRP.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Email every dealer in your area. Tell them you're emailing various dealerships, and the dealer with the lowest price gets you're business, and that you want AT LEAST 4-5% under invoice. I did this. Didn't get very good responses at first. 1% below invoice was the best I got, then the second day got a dealer to immediately go to 5% under invoice. I ordered my Willys that weekend from him. Just make sure they don't throw in any bs fees or anything like that.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Couple of weeks ago I ordered a 2016 2 door Sport S at about 9.2% off MSRP.
Not sure if whatever dealer incentives existed in February still exist now. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Should be able to get around 8-9% off MSRP. Don't let them know you are a cash buyer as that's NOT to your advantage as they make additional money if they arrange the financing.

And make sure that's the factory MSRP and not some BS amount that includes any grossly inflated dealer add-ons.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
When I went on my hunt, I quickly learned that the lower lever models get less of a % off.

I ordered a 2016 JK Sport, manual, AC and premium soft top only and ended up right at 2-2.5% below invoice. Which was good (tho I readily admit not the best ever). It was $25,100 + TTL.

Once you get to the Willy, you can do a little better % wise. And getting to the Sarah and Rubicon, will get even better % wise.

BTW I also got White. Good color. I would seriously consider the premium soft top at order. Especially if your not getting a hard top. They give you a good amount of "credit" for the base soft top. I think a $500 upgrade. The premium soft top on its own is like $1,500.

I did not go Sport S as I really didn't like those wheels/tires any more than those on the Sport and knew I would want to replace them. Would like the leather warped steering wheel, but not a deal breaker.

While I would have liked remote locks (I'm looking to add to mine) I didn't care about power windows. Especially in the 2-door.

I literally only added AC and Premium Soft top, and overall very pleased. Already added an after market stereo/speakers/subs (the alpine upgrade is "ok" but not worth the cost or space it takes IMO). Wheels and tires go in April.

·
Registered
376 Posts
When I went on my hunt, I quickly learned that the lower lever models get less of a % off.

I ordered a 2016 JK Sport, manual, AC and premium soft top only and ended up right at 2-2.5% below invoice. Which was good (tho I readily admit not the best ever). It was $25,100 + TTL.

Once you get to the Willy, you can do a little better % wise. And getting to the Sarah and Rubicon, will get even better % wise.

BTW I also got White. Good color. I would seriously consider the premium soft top at order. Especially if your not getting a hard top. They give you a good amount of "credit" for the base soft top. I think a $500 upgrade. The premium soft top on its own is like $1,500.

I did not go Sport S as I really didn't like those wheels/tires any more than those on the Sport and knew I would want to replace them. Would like the leather warped steering wheel, but not a deal breaker.

While I would have liked remote locks (I'm looking to add to mine) I didn't care about power windows. Especially in the 2-door.

I literally only added AC and Premium Soft top, and overall very pleased. Already added an after market stereo/speakers/subs (the alpine upgrade is "ok" but not worth the cost or space it takes IMO). Wheels and tires go in April.
I agree with this. I've seen people get the best deal it seems like on brand new unlimited rubicons. It makes sense. The highest the price, the more the markup, and the more wiggle room.

My MSRP was 36,600. I ended up paying 35,500. However, the dealer is doing front and rear custom leather by mopar and heated. They charge $1800 for this. So I feel my effective price was 33,700. Which is around 8% below MSRP. I think I saw invoice to be $34,800. Which is around 2% below invoice. They were also only going to give me $18,100 for my trade and negotiated another $900 out of them. If I wouldn't have had a trade, I probably could've got a little better price.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I'm looking for a white Wrangler Sport S; 2Dr; automatic; soft top only; air conditioning; electric windows and door locks; leather wrap steering and defrost side mirrors. Looks like MSRP is around $29. What's a reasonably good price for one now? Going to do cash. Looks like USAA car buy is only $400 off MSRP.
I got basically what you're looking for last year (bought a 2015 new). I think the only differences are, mine is a manual, has connectivity package (which is a must have for me) and tow package. Got mine $26K otd.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
I got basically what you're looking for last year (bought a 2015 new). I think the only differences are, mine is a manual, has connectivity package (which is a must have for me) and tow package. Got mine $26K otd.
Overall I agree that the connectivity package is a nice upgrade. But I skipped and just made sure my aftermarket HU had everything I wanted (BT, adapter to use steering wheel controls, etc). In fact I ran the HDMI and USB extensions from my aftermarket head unit to the center console. Now the installer just rant them through a hole, but I might go back and add a flush mount.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Sport S's have ac, electric windows and door locks, leather wrapped wheel and heated side mirrors as standard.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Sport S's have ac, electric windows and door locks, leather wrapped wheel and heated side mirrors as standard.
I don't think they include pwr window doors.

IIR the biggest difference was they got AC, bigger tires, and leather.

As mentioned I wanted AC but knew I'd replace the tires/wheels. So I skipped that package.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I don't think they include pwr window doors.

IIR the biggest difference was they got AC, bigger tires, and leather.

As mentioned I wanted AC but knew I'd replace the tires/wheels. So I skipped that package.

The S's have power windows and power locks are standard on the unlimiteds but you are correct on the 2 doors. I thought you wanted a 4 door unlimited.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I have a 4-door without power locks / windows.. so not standard..

·
Registered
639 Posts
Feeling pretty good about paying $28500.-- for our '15 2 door with:
auto, cruise, a/c, 130 HU w/Alpine upgrade & U-connect, Freedom top with tinted glass and headliner inserts, tubular side steps, tow pkg, leather wheel and electric locks, windows and rear-views.

I dont know what percentage off off MSRP that is but the sticker price was 34,190.-- so I know it was almost $6300 off of the factory sticker.

Saw this Jeep "on ad" and drove almost 100 miles to snatch it up.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I just got my Sport.

I ordered it custom from the factory, but instead of beefing it up, I took out the things that I didn't think were essential, and paid for what I wanted. Ended up being cheaper than the Sports that I see on dealer lots. My options:

Manual 6-spd
Hard top
A/C
3.73 gears

My CDI number got me to $26,202 before taxes and fees. I think the total ended up somewhere under $28K, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Negotiation wasn't an issue because of the CDI number, but after I ordered, a dealership offered me $500 below CDI, so I think it's definitely feasible to get a great price. Good luck!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts