Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 40 of 109 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I measured front and rear axle shift and front is under 1/2" and not at all visible to the naked eye so not going to mess with an adjustable track bar for a while yet. The rear is less than a 1/4" so pretty happy all the way around. Oh and no real jeep lean yet. Front and rear about 3/8" lower on the passenger side full tank of gas so I am elated with that.

·
Registered
910 Posts
You just need to emphasize to her about how much money you saved by getting to reuse your old mods. :) I'm anxious to see how the new springs will handle the extra weight of the steel bumpers and skids. Looks pretty tough as is....

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
You just need to emphasize to her about how much money you saved by getting to reuse your old mods. :) I'm anxious to see how the new springs will handle the extra weight of the steel bumpers and skids. Looks pretty tough as is....
She tells me to quit "saving us so much money" lol.

I did save a bunch tho but keeping lots of my old parts.

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
added some skids to LCA front and rear and gas tank skid. Gas tank skid was one thing on my last one I wish I would have added right away.

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
60,014 Posts
Thanks. So far so good, I told the wife I was done and she rolled her eyes and walked away. funny how after only 30 years she has me figured out already.
Yep, after 30 years you two should know each other like a book.

Carol and I just celebrated our 53 anniversary on Feb 8th. She has told me from day one, that I am on a annual renewal. So I guess that I am safe for another year..maybe..Lol

·
Super Moderator
15,372 Posts
Good deal Jeff, missed this thread... Checking it out!

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
swapped the front and rear bumpers and the muffler today. tomorrow I am throwing in some jks exhaust spacers and in a week I will be getting a RE tranny skid and that is all until I get back from Moab. It really rides nice on the road. Hope off road does as well. Should get it on the ramp this week to at least see if it will flex. the weight of the bumpers brought it down about 1/2" in back and less than a 1/4" in front.

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
How did you incorporate the floppy disc into the build?
:). I used them for shims for holding up my rear tailgate when removing the hinges to install the teraflex hinge. I promise I'm nota hoarder lol.

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #30 (Edited)
installed a set of JKS exhaust spacers. Might have been the easiest thing I have done. Less than 1/2 hour. No need to loosen the 15mm Y-pipe clamp bolt and no need for a pry bar to make space for the spacers. The exhaust literally slid back enough with hardly any force. It was like it wanted to be moved back that far normally. The JKS spacers are well machined and fit perfectly.

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #32

Rough Country sway bar motor skid. cheap insurance.

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Was that "lil yeti" parked in front of The Computer Guys on South Ave. around 11 am today?
it was, you should have pulled in.

·
Super Moderator
15,372 Posts
Hey Jeff, considering flats and less bump stop down the road?

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Hey Jeff, considering flats and less bump stop down the road?
I will see how Moab goes. I really like the stock flares and always regretted going with the bushwackers. If I get any it will be Metal Cloak and of course I need to save a while :). I have close to 400 miles on it and really like how it handles on the road. I am also really liking the aFe scorpion muffler. It sounds perfect to my 58 year old years.

·
Super Moderator
15,372 Posts
I will see how Moab goes. I really like the stock flares and always regretted going with the bushwackers. If I get any it will be Metal Cloak and of course I need to save a while :). I have close to 400 miles on it and really like how it handles on the road. I am also really liking the aFe scorpion muffler. It sounds perfect to my 58 year old years.
I completely agree, not a fan of bushwackers and really like the Metalcloaks. You will do great in Moab, it will just come down to if you want to tinker a bit more. I'm a year or 2 away from my 2dr buy/build, and I'm going to focus on an LCG setup.

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I completely agree, not a fan of bushwackers and really like the Metalcloaks. You will do great in Moab, it will just come down to if you want to tinker a bit more. I'm a year or 2 away from my 2dr buy/build, and I'm going to focus on an LCG setup.
stay away from the dealer :). I had no intentions what so ever lol. I think I will like it. 35's on a 2 door sure seem bigger than 35's on a 4 door lol. I like the LCG build seems about perfect for 99% of what I will do.

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
decided to protect the auto tranny lines and pan and installed a Rubicon Express skid plate. I have read some people have had trouble mounting them but mine went on easy peasy. dropped the cross member and had lots of room to install the rear bracket and the front bracket has nothing in the way.

·
Super Moderator
23,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
added an AEV diff. skid, not cheap but pretty nice.

21 - 40 of 109 Posts