Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, I just purchased my first Jeep so I am completely new to Jeeps and need advise on which lift will work for me. I am looking at lifting 2.5 to 3 inches preferably 3. I want a solid kit that will be good on road and light offroad activities. I am not interested in Teraflex. So far, the kits that have caught my eye are the AEV, BDS, Rancho and JKS J spec. These kits appear to be solid kits with solid hardware. My budget is 1200.00 (not including installation). Which kit will be the better made kit with great reputation? Which kit will be turn key ready? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also, are relocation brackets needed on these kits? Is there another option to the brackets?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One more thing, I prefer a lift that does not have much of a rake. In ther words, I prefer the level look. Thanks

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
708 Posts
It's certainly overwhelming at first. I spent months researching before I decided on my setup. My best advice to you is don't rush into anything. Read up, talk to other members who run the lifts that you are looking at, and be 110% sure that you are matching what you NEED with what you WANT.

From there, it's nothing but a Perma-Grin after that!! :D

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm looking for the same advise right now myself. I bought a 2016 JKUR last night to replace my 2010 that has a 2.5" teraflex lift on it now. I have no issues with the teraflex lift other than the fact it leans about 1/2-3/4" to the passenger side rear. The ride on road is great and off road is really good but, I won't be going back with teraflex this time. I'm going with a 3.5" this time even though it's more involved but really, you don't need to replace the driveshafts right away. It'll take many miles before needing replacement and even then you can get good quality shafts for roughly 350 or so each. The front will most likely be needed long before the rear needs replacement.

I haven't decided yet but this time around its either JKS jkontrol or aev. I'm really leaning to the JKS currently.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm looking for the same advise right now myself. I bought a 2016 JKUR last night to replace my 2010 that has a 2.5" teraflex lift on it now. I have no issues with the teraflex lift other than the fact it leans about 1/2-3/4" to the passenger side rear. The ride on road is great and off road is really good but, I won't be going back with teraflex this time. I'm going with a 3.5" this time even though it's more involved but really, you don't need to replace the driveshafts right away. It'll take many miles before needing replacement and even then you can get good quality shafts for roughly 350 or so each. The front will most likely be needed long before the rear needs replacement.

I haven't decided yet but this time around its either JKS jkontrol or aev. I'm really leaning to the JKS currently.
JKS appears to be a great kit and parts look solid. So many choices

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
708 Posts
Nice looking rig! At 2.5 inches it looks great. I'm debating on 2.5 or 3 inch. I'm trying to avoid buying a driveshaft. Originally I wanted a 3.5 inch lift but I hear more parts are needed.
Thanks for the compliment! :) 2.5" seems to be the sweet spot for the JK before you have to really start adding additional parts, driveshafts, advanced geometry correction, etc. If you listen to 90% of the folks here with 2.5" they will tell you that there really isn't much you can't do as far as off-roading goes.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the compliment! :) 2.5" seems to be the sweet spot for the JK before you have to really start adding additional parts, driveshafts, advanced geometry correction, etc. If you listen to 90% of the folks here with 2.5" they will tell you that there really isn't much you can't do as far as off-roading goes.
Thanks for the advise!

·
Do not fear the Blubicon
708 Posts

Congrats on the new Rubi! Let us know when you start a build thread! :bop:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Roll Tide! Congrats on your new Jeep. Im loving mine as well. Not a Sahara but a Black Bear.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts