Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some assistance. I live overseas and have an Export version of the 2016 Jeep JKU. I want to replace the taillights but ran into an issue with the connectors.

The taillight connector of the wiring harness of the jeep is Female and the lights I purchased also have a female connector (The factory taillight is male on this model.)

I am looking to change out the connection on the new lights but need to find the correct part number or pigtail. I prefer not to splice the wires.

any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
10,173 Posts
For domestic (USA, American) JK/JKU's, the rear tail lights don't have the yellow directional light, and therefore there is no wire for it. So, domestic JK/JKU's have a different (smaller) connector.

You have an export JK/JKU, and your original factory rear tail lights have the separate yellow directional light.

It sounds like you bought the type of rear tail lights which are meant for only domestic JK/JKU. So, I need to ask, can you legally use tail lights that don't have the yellow directionals?

Anyway, for info on the connectors, check out this website: Mopar Connection Repair Kit

Enter your year (2016) and select platform JK-Wrangler. In the resulting next webpage, Scroll down to the "Lamp-Assembly Tail ..." links, and compare the "Except Export" to the "Export" connectors.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the information...This is exactly what I needed. I will need to find a different set of taillights to work with this model that has the yellow component to them.

Thanks again for your help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts