Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 54000 miles, time for the MT’s to go.

Want to go to BFG KO2’s. Already running Spidertrax spacers and TF leveling kit (rubber spacers) since new, so going to 285/70/17 shouldn’t be an issue for my otherwise stock JKU. Anyone see anything wrong with this plan?

Question is do I need a spacer on the stock spare tire carrier with the slightly upsized tire?

Thanks!
Richard

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts

Want to go to BFG KO2’s. Already running Spidertrax spacers and TF leveling kit (rubber spacers) since new, so going to 285/70/17 shouldn’t be an issue for my otherwise stock JKU. Anyone see anything wrong with this plan?

Question is do I need a spacer on the stock spare tire carrier with the slightly upsized tire?

Thanks!
Richard
You should be good to go... My daughter has 285/70-17's on her stock wheels and on the spare tire carrier. It does compress the rubber bumpers a bit, but no issues now 3 years in.

·
Registered
64 Posts

Thanks!
Richard
I just put this exact setup on my 2016 JKU last week. No rubbing with 1.5” spacers, no need for a spacer on the spare.

·
Super Moderator
15,156 Posts
Is there any issues running that tire size on stock wheels with out spacers?
Yes, it is likely that they will rub at full lock.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts