Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,232 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
You can borrow ball joint presses from just about every auto parts store. You just put down a deposit and they refund it when you bring it back.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
there is a guy selling some dynatracs in the classifieds for a good deal....only have to press the bodies in once and then you can rebuild them without pressing anything again....very convenient....

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Dynatrac's is what I would recommend. I finally bit the bullet after screwing around with other, cheaper ball joints and haven't looked back.

·
Super Moderator
14,863 Posts
I was about to say, those are Rare Parts ball joints, so either they stole design and are going to get sued, or...I don't know.
Likely it's a private labeling deal. They buy in bulk from Rare Parts and package as Skyjacker. Either way, that's a steal for those joints.

·
Premium Member
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Ok cool, i will likely go with the Dynatrac knurled option then as I'm sure mine have stretched after 4y of mild to severe abuse.

Thanks again for the insights, invaluable as usual BBS!
Final update on this -

So first - my statement on stretched from use was not proven to be true upon disassembly. I ended up getting the non-knurled DT's which apparently fit in perfectly and were exactly what i needed.

I will say that they are significantly beefier than OEM and i'm very happy with the purchase.

Hope this helps others!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts