Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2014 Rubicon unlimited X, may trade tomorrow for a 2016 HR. the dealer has agreed to change my front bumper that has my winch and stinger attached at their expense. I am also keeping all my led lights. I am also keeping my Nitto Trail Grapplers and rims. Question is should I be ok for a week running a 295 Nitto with spacers until new lift comes in. Any recommendations on a lift for under a grand? I was just running a teraflex leveling kit with no problems

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Are you trading in your 4-door (Unlimited) Rubicon X for a 2-door Hard Rock?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Welcome to the Dark Side ;)

....another convert, 4dr to 2dr....Yeah! :drinks:

·
Registered
396 Posts
i have a 2014 Rubicon unlimited X, may trade tomorrow for a 2016 HR. the dealer has agreed to change my front bumper that has my winch and stinger attached at their expense. I am also keeping all my led lights. I am also keeping my Nitto Trail Grapplers and rims. Question is should I be ok for a week running a 295 Nitto with spacers until new lift comes in. Any recommendations on a lift for under a grand? I was just running a teraflex leveling kit with no problems
Yes. I ran those exact tires with no lift for almost a year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry dave I am staying in a 4 door. im sorry I should have clarified that more. Going to a crystal granite 4door Rubicon HR with 4.10 gears.

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Aside from color, Don't both jeeps look almost identical? Why trade?

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
You sure want to change the bumper and not just move the winch?
Didn't the front bumper design change a bit, in the area of winch mounting? It might be easier to simply swap the bumpers (though the new owner of the old '14 Rubicon X might have some head scratching if they try to install a winch :D ).

·
Registered
10,414 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I also have the maximus 3 winch plate, stinger and d ring loop mounted to the bumper. It also has led fog lights in the bumper. It should pretty much be just a unhook wiring, unbolt bumpers and swap. I am ok with just keeping my old bumper. The buyer of old jeep will have a new bumper and a brand new set of BFG MT's. The answer to why I am trading is that I will have a new jeep with 45,000 less miles and my payment is lower.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also have the maximus 3 winch plate, stinger and d ring loop mounted to the bumper. It also has led fog lights in the bumper. It should pretty much be just a unhook wiring, unbolt bumpers and swap. I am ok with just keeping my old bumper. The buyer of old jeep will have a new bumper and a brand new set of BFG MT's. The answer to why I am trading is that I will have a new jeep with 45,000 less miles and my payment is lower.
New 2016 JKURHR

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts