Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 767 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is the official WF Registry for the 2016 Red Rock owner's to post photos and tell stories about the best equipped and most rare Jeep ever built.

Post #1 will be updated as changes unfold.

Number 01/50 (pictured below) was up-fitted at Richard Petty's Garage. This unique Jeep was raffled to the lucky winner at the Easter Jeep Safari 50TH Anniversary Celebration.

Contact Richard Petty's Garage [Supporting Vendor] for information regarding the Red Rock Edition... [email protected]

Learn about the history of EJS and Red Rock 4-Wheelers... Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc.

REGISTRY:
01 - Winner here!
03 - Jeepnboy
09 - mnmud
17 - GIJeep76
25 - wideglide10
31 - Hard Rocker
41 - jspeicher
44 - J P Marine
45 - Jeepnboy (Dad's)
48 - Acrobat
50 - m998dna

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active threads discussing the Red Rock Limited Edition and forecast of the Jeep Wrangler as future collectible..

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/just-got-the-call-from-red-rock-1605441.html

Limited Edition 'RED ROCK' coming in 2016 - only 50 to be made

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/2016-red-rock-vs-1976-super-jeep-1610513.html

https://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/bob-lutz-picks-jku-as-future-collectable-992385.html

image.jpeg redrock.JPG

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
i guess I go first...

My name is Curtis and I have a Jeep problem. But on the bright side, I was one of the fortunate 25 selected with the option to buy a Red Rock. I do not have a VIN or pictures yet, but it should be in route to Petty. After getting the price, IMO the upfit through Petty is a no brainer. All I care about now is making sure it is here before I leave for EJS, which I am told will not be an issue.

Very very excited as I hope every one here is.

Next task.... Trying to find one for my dad. He was not selected. It's a work in process.

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
Anyone know if it is available in Canada? Just put a deposit on a 75th and wondering if I should blow my inheritance on this Red Rock thing.

I miss my 09 Rubi...
They only built 50.
If you weren't one of the 25 called to buy one you would have to locate one of the 25 sent to the top selling Jeep dealerships. Don't think one of those would be in Canada.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I also was selected. My name is Scott and I haven't yet decided to send to Petty or not. It feels as if I will be a caretaker of a piece of history. Feel very fortunate.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I got the call last week and turned it down this week. Congrats to whomever gets the call for my spot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I got the call last week and turned it down this week. Congrats to whomever gets the call for my spot.
Same here. FCA needed to put the hemi in this jeep. Also Sergio is even asking the Chinese to buy FCA, or to be partners. It's a lot of money for an unsure future. I want the pickup anyhow. If the truck sucks then we will get an AEV Brute. Good luck who ever winds up with one.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
I also was selected. My name is Scott and I haven't yet decided to send to Petty or not. It feels as if I will be a caretaker of a piece of history. Feel very fortunate.
I'm on the Petty train. It's a good deal if you plan to do anything similar and it is true to the concept.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Still need one for your dad? I may know of one.
Thank you for thinking of us, but he got the call on Friday. He is taken care of. :iamhappy:

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
How many people do you think turned them down?
I had three contact me that were on the fence. I think of those three have sense said they were out and one said they were in. Have not confirmed the 3rd. I think my dad got the call for of these three made there decision but really no way to know.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dealer never screwed me as you put it. I can use my affiliate discount, offered to sell me the kit at a discount also. Been great all the way around.

·
Premium Member
238 Posts
Do any of you guys have ETA's? Can't wait to see pictures of your new rigs :)
I understand that there are at least 2 going to buyers in Moab not being modified prior to delivery. Those shipped last Thurday. I've assumed they are going by truck and should be there any day.

Mine shipped to Petty on Thursday, arriving on Friday. I did not get an upfit date yet, but assume it is this week. All I know is Petty promised them all done and shipped to be on time for EJS. I'm pretty sure I will be one of the first.

I do not have any pictures yet but expect to soon. I will post them when I get them.

1 - 20 of 767 Posts