Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this is the correct forum for asking this question. If not then please move to where it belongs. Have a 2016 Wrangler ( 2 door) Sahara that I'm interested in buying from a dealer. It's got 24,000 miles and is super clean. Completely stock with all the factory options including a hard top. It's a 6sp and everything looks excellent. Took it for a drive and it runs and drives excellent. It needs nothing that I can figure out. Carfax doesn't show any record of it being wrecked.

Dealer wants 28k which seems high but wonder what folks here would offer? It's a really nice Jeep but I'm also not going to get hosed either!

Any input is greatly appreciated.

BTW I'm going to sell my 99 Wrangler Sahara (125k miles) 6 cylinder automatic which is honestly in excellent condition with many new parts. Frame is solid with all new tires and wheels... etc. Going to have to figure out a fair asking price on that.

Thanks for looking at my post.

·
Premium Member
3,710 Posts
KBB says $25k, I'd start with that.

Reactions: USStrongman

·
Registered
357 Posts
I checked private party value on my '16 JKU Sahara with 58,000 miles recently (for laughs, not interested in selling it at this time) and I recall it's PP value being not too far from that $28k. Check KBB, and check online listings for similarly optioned JKs in your area to compare. Use those numbers either to see if they found an awesome strain of MJ, or if they're right in line.

·
Registered
150 Posts
$28k is too high. That's a "hoping a fish walks onto the lot" number. 2 door and manual make it a harder sell. That's four door automatic territory.

If you haven't already said something about the transmission, tell them you were really wanting an automatic but might be willing to settle for the manual. It doesn't matter if you personally prefer the manual. They know the manual is not the best for resale. See what they chop their own number down to then you can whittle it further from there.

There are a ton of used JKs for sale right now. Theirs isn't special. If they won't come down to real world numbers, walk from it and wait for them to call you back with a realistic number.

·
Premium Member
8,346 Posts
Add in the fact that a 2DR Sahara is a hard sell as well. So hard in fact that there are no JL 2D Saharas. The 2Drs jump from Sport to Rubicon, those markets do fairly well.

Personally, I think your 99 is a better deal. Yes, the Sahara has a nicer interior, but that hard top is a little hard to take off and take with you, whereas you can just put your top down on a nice day. I bought my '03 TJ almost a year before I bought my '15 JKU Sahara (which was replaced by my Chief). My JKU is my road vehicle, my TJ is my local vehicle. I'm retired, so I put about 3K miles a year on the TJ and about 7 to 8 on the JKU (depending on how many trips I take to Texas and back).

·
Registered
314 Posts
the dealer knows its the only car that holds it value.. dealers suck.. I totally got hosed on my deal, i was just sick of shopping around.. but it was low mileage too.. it was like brand new ya know.. 17k miles.. inside even had the new car smell..

good luck on your shopping

·
Registered
21 Posts
I think they’re asking for too much. You should be able to get a great deal on any JK because of the JL’s. They’re looking for a buyer that doesn’t understand the jeep market. They’re banking on the low miles and that it’s a jeep. However, it’s a 2 door manual in a 4 door automatic world.

I was just in the market and found at least a dozen 2018 JKU’s (Sport and Sahara) under 17k miles all for around $31k from dealers. If you can afford it, get a 2018 JK that hasn’t been sold yet because of the JL. That’s what I did and got a great deal. The dealer knew I had him too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts