Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just got a 2016 jeep wrangler sport. the sound system is shit. I need some expert advice. Should I upgrade my speakers to kicker speakers and then add a sub? or...just keep the same stock speakers and add a sub?

thanks
1love

·
Registered
165 Posts
Here is my .02 the speakers are for shit rip them out. As far as speakers I put in Alpine speakers relatively cheap about 60 bucks a pair. I changed the tweeters to the plug and play kickers about 50 bucks a pair. Added a jl audio sub 225.00 and amp 100 bucks and cheap jvc kw 130 bt hu about 200 bucks. After about a month the hu couldn't drive the speakers hard enough 22watts rms vs the speakers being 155 watt rms. I bought and installed a skar 1400 watt amp and my ears will bleed when turned all the way up. I had the sub speakers and hu installed and backup camera for 1200.00 and installed the skar amp myself. Total in about 1500.00 if you do it all your self obviously it will be cheaper. My advice is if you like it loud and back massaging bass do it. If all you want is better sound I would do all the kickers plug and play speakers and a hu for the extra watt to drive the speakers. Of course most hu are at most around d the 20 watt rms so the speakers will leave a lot on the table but still be pretty loud and sound way better.

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
I'm deaf , so I say keep the stock speakers

Well , I'm deaf , so if a traffic officer stops me , I motion to my ear and shake my head ; if the radio was going he wouldn't believe me , would he ? So I kept the stock speakers because I like peace and quiet . Try it sometime . :bop:

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hi everyone. Just got a 2016 jeep wrangler sport. the sound system is shit. I need some expert advice. Should I upgrade my speakers to kicker speakers and then add a sub? or...just keep the same stock speakers and add a sub?

thanks
1love
i have 2015 Sport. i replaced the stock speakers with kickers, added amp and added under seat sub. it sounds WAY better than stock.

if i was doing it all over again i would have done a new head unit too (kept the 430 that came with the jeep)

i don't think adding just a sub while keeping the stock speakers will make you happy. if you want volume while driving with top and doors off an amp is going to help a lot.

·
Registered
289 Posts
in my 14' JK i replaced all 4 with 6.5" JL audio speakers, (added filler and spray foam to the speaker boxes and sound bar ) added an Alpine compact amp under the glove box and Fosgate tweeters. From the 430 the sound from FM and Satellite is still muddy to me, from my Iphone with aux jack it sounds great. From all the research i have done: the Head unit is the biggest hold up and next on my upgrade list and I will add a back up camera and a self contained sub woofer as well

1 - 5 of 5 Posts