Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone in the forum.... lot of EXCELLENT information shared here by long-time Jeep aficionados. Much appreciated!!

I won't be getting 'too' radical with the mods and won't be doing any extreme off-roading - thinking some mild trails in northern Michigan.

Completed my first two modifications today.

1) Custom created 3M lower rocker 'chip card' vinyl installation. I don't have any photos of this just yet, and it would be sort of hard to see anyway, but I am affiliated with the 'vinyl' industry and had a 'chunk' of 3M Clear Chipgaurd material laying around..... so I made templates of the 3 rocker sections below the door with a rough sketch - photographed them and brought them into my design software, and used the hand drawings as a template to draw accurate outlines for the parts.... and then cut both driver and passenger side parts on my vinyl plotter.... installed the 3M parts and they fit perfectly and were virtually invisible. Hoping this provides some extra 'road rash' protection as I think some grit and stuff can still make it between the fender flares and the OEM molded running boards.

2.) Installed the Mopar OEM running boards. Really like this more 'seamless' look, and my wife needs a little lift getting into the Wrangler. Went super easy.... I took off the OEM Rock Rails first, of course.

I have the following coming:
  • New Spare Tire Cover - to replace the dealer 'billboard.'
  • Handle inserts
  • Sill Plate Guards - Mopar/OEM
  • Grille Mesh Kit
  • Weathertech liners
  • Mopar/OEM Power Dome Hood, to replace the stock Big Bear hood.

Here are a few pics of my new unit. Paint is 'Rhino.'

Thanks again to everyone for all the great suggestions.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,152 Posts
Good looking jeep, congrats on the purchase!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts