Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking around to find some new tweeters. I just bought the kicker upgrades for all the other speakers but can't find tweeters. Problem is I don't want them sitting out of the hole they are already set in. I want to keep it looking stock. Anyone know where I can find some that will work?

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
2 Plug and play options:

KICKER 77KICK25AB 3.5

OEM MOPAR Alpine 3.5

These are not real "tweeters" in our Jeeps. Add bass blockers to either.
I started with the Kickers, but using Alpines now. Overall better sound to me.

·
Registered
2,139 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
i got the Quadratec Super Tweeters, which are are pricey, but a super easy install and definitely plug and play:

https://www.quadratec.com/products/14133_1102.htm

i posted about them here and I have pics:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/quadratec-super-tweeters-1761833.html

Only problem I see too many tweeters. The KICKERS in the dash have tweeters and then adding a true tweeter to the dash. Unless you like a lots of highs, a full range like the Alpines work great and what the JEEP OEM audio is designed on.

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
Only problem I see too many tweeters. The KICKERS in the dash have tweeters and then adding a true tweeter to the dash. Unless you like a lots of highs, a full range like the Alpines work great and what the JEEP OEM audio is designed on.
I have the kicker upgrade. I unplugged the tweeters in the sound bar. I upgraded the front tweeters to the Quadratec Super Tweeters and love them. They fill in the missing highs that was missing with the factory tweeters, when i did the kicker upgrade.

They are plug and play, and if you don't like them Quadratec has a 30 day return policy.

·
Registered
484 Posts
2 Plug and play options:

KICKER 77KICK25AB 3.5

OEM MOPAR Alpine 3.5

These are not real "tweeters" in our Jeeps. Add bass blockers to either.
I started with the Kickers, but using Alpines now. Overall better sound to me.
On the KICKER 77KICK25AB 3.5 what bass blockers do you suggest?

·
Registered
126 Posts
So...why shouldn't we use a small 2way in this dash hole? Seems kind of odd not to put as much mid and highs there with that space. Edja-cate me!

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
So...why shouldn't we use a small 2way in this dash hole? Seems kind of odd not to put as much mid and highs there with that space. Edja-cate me!
Because I felt it became to "bright sounding" for me. Some people prefer more tweeters in general. especially with the 6.5 speaker locations in dash.

I thought about putting Quadratech Super tweeters in the dash and modifying the 6.5 dash speakers, by cutting the tweeter wires.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
Did you add them to the main in put or just on too the positive of the tweeter itself? I know the 3.5 can actually handle some mid.

If I remember, just positive. This is when I used the KICKER 77AB 3.5. They needed and mids were not great.

With the OEM Alpines, not needed.

·
Registered
351 Posts
I've run the 77kick25s for what, 2 years now with no issues? I don't even use bass blockers. They are indeed pretty bright on the highs, but that doesn't bug me at all.

·
Premium Member
2,740 Posts
I've run the 77kick25s for what, 2 years now with no issues? I don't even use bass blockers. They are indeed pretty bright on the highs, but that doesn't bug me at all.

Using an amp?

·
Registered
160 Posts
What's your goal with the upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts