Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I am slowly reversing or when I come to a complete stop (going forwards and reverse) my rear brakes make a low squeak noise (see video). When the weight shifts back to center when coming to a complete stop it makes the noise and also I can find a sort of sweet spot when reversing slowly that will also cause the noise. It has been making the noise since I got the jeep a few years ago and when I took it to the dealership they said it was normal. I don't know if it is the brakes slipping or maybe not even the brakes at all and is something else. Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone know a fix? Thanks in advance.

Here is a video of the noise:

·
Retired Moderator
103,565 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Cave Creek AZ.
How many miles on your Wrangler? The rear brakes wear out first..FYI

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it has 16k miles currently but has had this noise since day 1 from the dealership. I've told them about it but they said it is normal for Jeeps, just wondered if others have this issue.

·
Grumpy Old Guy
4,340 Posts
Happens with essentially all rigs, primarily when the brakes are cold. More so in the winter than the summer. Carbon based brakes take time to heat up and will make a groaning noise until warm.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
My brakes have always made that exact same groaning noise when wheel speed is very low and brake pressure is moderate to high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts