Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 JKUHR
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love my 2017 JKHRU and plan to keep it for many more years.

My wife is getting a new vehicle next year and I have negotiating leverage :). I am strongly considering doing a hemi conversion in 2020. Would use an AEV conversion kit and install a 5.7 or 6.4L Hemi. I am starting to look for a shop on the gulf coast that has experience doing these conversions (this is way above my skill level).

Would really appreciate any input/thoughts from my jeep brothers and sisters that have been down the JK hemi conversion trail before.

·
Registered
878 Posts
https://www.texastruckworks.com/

They installed my AEV lift and wheels on my 2016 JKURHR. They post a lot of Hemi builds on their facebook and instagram pages. Gravedigger and some other actual monster trucks were in their shop when they installed my lift. I would not hesitate to use them or recommend them.

·
Registered
2016 JKU 75th Edition, 2" Mopar lift 1" spacer lift, Ultimate Dana 44 front, Front and rear locker,
283 Posts
I have not seen any Jeep specialty shops in our area. It will be interesting to see if you can find a shop that has done this conversion. If I had the money it would be a great up grade. Good luck.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Seen some nice ones, just try and get references or find someone else that used the shop you choose. And I would go with the 6.4L if you go Hemi.

·
Premium Member
2,657 Posts
Seen some nice ones, just try and get references or find someone else that used the shop you choose. And I would go with the 6.4L if you go Hemi.
The 6.4 is a beast in my Challenger. I couldn't imagine one in a JK. Sounds like some fun to be had. :)

Another note. The oil change schedule is more frequent in the 6.4 ( 6 months or 6K miles ) vs. the 5.7 ( 1 year or 10K miles )

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Also add to that the Chevy LS conversion as a possibility.

LSWrangler.com is Motech which is supposed to be lighter than a Hemi and parts availability is strong.

·
Registered
2017 JKUHR
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the help. Hedrick looks interesting. They have done some nice Hemi jeep conversion projects. Checking out a shop in the baton rouge area this week. also checking shops in Pensacola area. Shop that has worked with me on some of my jeep mods is interested in doing it. But this would be their first hemi conversion. will not do that.

Agree, would be great to go with 6.4. Will work the 5.7 or 6.4 decision with the shop I get with. Quite a bit more to put in a 6.4, but also get a lot more HP with very little additional weight.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts