Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to fit a Warn ZEON with synthetic line to the factory front bumper on my 2017 JKU Recon. Mopar winch mount is $336 from dealer, and Rubitrux and others online offer their version and OEM versions for similary cost. There isn't much on the internet about the mounting procedure. Anyone point me to a DIY installation guide for the best mount system to make the factory winch-capable bumper hold a 8000lb rated ZEON?

I've mounted all sorts of winches to ARB bumpers in the past with little trouble other than their weight. Fitting the Recon bumper to a winch mount kit and the winch appears, from what little I've been able to locate online, to involve grinding away metal and relocating a vacuum pump assemble.

Any experience appreciated!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Not sure about the install itself but Maximus-3 has Mopar winch kits specific for the Recon (10A) bumper and for Warn winch's. That is where I bought my with mounting kit for my Smittybilt synthetic rope winch and had no issues. I also got the Stinger bar for the bumper and love the look.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Rock Hard 4x4 also makes a winch mount for that bumper that is significantly less than the Molar mount

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
Yes please share any details or pointers as I need to do the exact same. Zeon 10-S into 10A with Maximus 3 on 2017 JKUR Recon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yes, which mount did you go with? I'm looking for one for my Recon but I don't want it to turn my Jeep upside down like it did to yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Yes please share any details or pointers as I need to do the exact same. Zeon 10-S into 10A with Maximus 3 on 2017 JKUR Recon
Below are links to threads where I have posted info about the install you are doing. Maximus 3 is now on their "Gen. 2" version winch plate, but the only real issue they addressed was the plate thickness:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/hardrock-10a-x-bumper-hoop-1416554-16.html#post23220025
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/hardrock-bumper-and-winch-install-1800369.html
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f274/maximus-3-winch-plate-1849777.html

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know why my pics uploaded upside down.

I bought the Warn Zeon 8s and Mopar winch mount kit from Rubitrux.com and had it delivered to my local 4x4 shop for installation. They said some grinding was necessary to align the center mount Warn, but not anything substantial. According to Mopar and Rubitrux, the Mopar factory winch plate can be used for center and off-set winches, so they leave it up to the individual installer to grind in the appropriate spot.

Couldn't be happier with the results.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I don't know why my pics uploaded upside down.

I bought the Warn Zeon 8s and Mopar winch mount kit from Rubitrux.com and had it delivered to my local 4x4 shop for installation. They said some grinding was necessary to align the center mount Warn, but not anything substantial. According to Mopar and Rubitrux, the Mopar factory winch plate can be used for center and off-set winches, so they leave it up to the individual installer to grind in the appropriate spot.

Couldn't be happier with the results.
I was looking at that winch and wondering if it is the same as the MOPAR branded one?

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
I just mounted a smitty x2o on a bulldog mount on my 15 JKUR Hard Rock. Only issue I had was the front bolts on the mount plate did not quite line up with the bumper bolts and I needed to open one front hole on the plate. Center mounted the winch and did not even need to touch the vacuum pump. I did need to to drill a hole in the bumper for one of the fairlead bolts, easy enough to do. Test fit everything and mount winch before bumper - otherwise it is a pain. I thought about a security bolt for theft resistance, but the bumper and cross member cover the bolts. If someone gets the winch they took the whole Jeep.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts