Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick question. I have a chance to pick up some 2017 Wrangler Rubicon JKU LED headlight take offs here. Are these a simple plug and play for my 2012 JK?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Yes they are plug and play. You will probably want to get the 5sx sales code added to eliminate flicker. Also the lights may have some slight damage to the mounting holes. Not a big issue. I solved the problem of them being slightly loose with a zip tie.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is the 5sx sales code something that the dealer has to do?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate it! I really want LEDs just don't want the conversion to be a big hassle.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I have not done the flash yet, no time. The only time I notice the flickering is stopped. It should take the dealer less than half an hour. Some don't know about it. Some may charge for it.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I appreciate it! I really want LEDs just don't want the conversion to be a big hassle.
It may be easier for you to get something like the quadratec kit then. They include an anti flicker harness and its just plug and play the install takes less time than it takes to remove the grille.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
You will probably want to get the 5sx sales code added to eliminate flicker.
Does a 2012 even support the 5SX sales code?

Reactions: WNCDave

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It may be easier for you to get something like the quadratec kit then. They include an anti flicker harness and its just plug and play the install takes less time than it takes to remove the grille.
Yes, I am also looking at the Quadratec Gen II Stealth LEDs. They come with the anti-flicker module and I can do these myself and avoid the dealer and any compatibility issues with my JK being a 2012 model. I may end up going that route.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Just my observation. I ran some trucklites with an anti flicker harness and did not like it. There was a noticeable delta going from low to high and back to low. I found it distracting and Aldo had a tendency to blind on coming drivers with the delay.

On another thread folks have had the 5sx sales code installed on 2012s

1 - 10 of 10 Posts