Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys -- Im looking to purchase a fully equipped Recon - all options. List is about $53,500. I waked into a dealership in central NJ and he did not have a Rhino Recon but offered to order.

2 questions...

For those that built recently - what did you experience for lead time? Dealer advised 5 weeks - but said a recently ordered Recon with same equipment took 3 weeks to come in in May. This is the reason why I went to this dealership as it showed incoming on web and then disappeared so I figured it was an order.

Also

He immediately came down $4200 off sticker. What are you guys seeing on Recon pricing - or other similar Rubicon fully loaded rigs.

Thank you very much.

·
Registered
58 Posts
3-4% below dealer invoice is fairly common, given Wrangler sales volume. There isn't a whole lot of holdback on these either, so for the most part those deals are the best you're gonna get. Some here push for more, others are content to let the dealer feed their kids as well. I'm in the latter camp. There are other discounts you're able to get from places like Costco/Tread Lightly/Jeep golden ticket/etc. that allow you to discount further, and obviously every little bit helps.

As far as order time, mine took exactly 4 weeks from order to delivery. Not sure if they prioritize the Recons over other orders, or if there is something about them that makes them able to be assembled more quickly, but it was much faster than both my dealer and I expected. You may have a different experience, as I'm within trucking distance of Toledo.

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
Reactions: CapeCodder

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hi guys -- Im looking to purchase a fully equipped Recon - all options. List is about $53,500. I waked into a dealership in central NJ and he did not have a Rhino Recon but offered to order.

2 questions...

For those that built recently - what did you experience for lead time? Dealer advised 5 weeks - but said a recently ordered Recon with same equipment took 3 weeks to come in in May. This is the reason why I went to this dealership as it showed incoming on web and then disappeared so I figured it was an order.

Also

He immediately came down $4200 off sticker. What are you guys seeing on Recon pricing - or other similar Rubicon fully loaded rigs.

Thank you very much.
Did you order yet? if not i am in NJ also and i went to VA to buy my hard rock. You can probably do much better as i got 5%below invoice

Reactions: Heavy-Metal

·
Registered
928 Posts
Mine took 6 weeks if I'm remembering right, but mine was one of the really early ones, ordered in February and picked up at the end of March. I'm pretty sure 4% under invoice is where I landed without much haggling, but that was also through a dealer I've bought my last two Jeeps from.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just took delivery of my Recon about a week ago. Upon ordering, the dealership told me to plan for about 40-50 days. 18 days later, they called me and said it was scheduled for shipping and would be at the dealership in approx 10 days. My experience was 26 days from order to delivery in Maryland.

·
One Happy Camper
246 Posts
I'm in north-central NJ, wound up ordering my (loaded) Recon through Craig at Koons in VA. He got me the best price by far (without haggling). It took 4 weeks from me ordering with Craig to 'on the lot and ready for pickup'.

In addition to price I was really concerned about horror stories I read while researching dealerships in my area. I couldn't find a single dealership with a good reputation within a 2 hour radius, so I scoured the forum and decided to take the safe route.
:iamhappy:

Reactions: Fitti6

·
Registered
179 Posts
~3-4% under invoice here (~10% off MSRP). Order to delivery was just under 4 weeks, truck shipped (no trains) to MD.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Just looked over on Jeep Garage.

Milous has posted in the 2018 JK Info thread that July 13th ( second Thursday of that month) is last chance to order a 2017 Wrangler for the most popular models.

As the order books fill up, each version will be closed out until October for the 2018 JK.

The 2018 JK will have a 6 month run from October to the end of March.
The order books open in August, unknown closing.

Reactions: The Professor

·
Registered
217 Posts
im in central jersey/shore... ordered april and it took 1 month and 1 day to come. dealer was great and i was happy with my deal

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Guys - Id like to thank all of you for your replies and great information. Ill be deciding tonight and placing an order. Im stuck on color. A friend asked me why not wait for the 18's - I told him I purchased the new Grand Cherokee in 2014 and had a lot of problems with it - I don't believe Jeep has the capability to put out a relatively problem free jeep in a new design year - so Im going for it now - and hoping that we have good resale value! Thanks again!!

·
Registered
928 Posts
Guys - Id like to thank all of you for your replies and great information. Ill be deciding tonight and placing an order. Im stuck on color. A friend asked me why not wait for the 18's - I told him I purchased the new Grand Cherokee in 2014 and had a lot of problems with it - I don't believe Jeep has the capability to put out a relatively problem free jeep in a new design year - so Im going for it now - and hoping that we have good resale value! Thanks again!!
Just FYI, the JK is going to run through April of 2018 as a 2018 model year.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Thanks - are you saying the 18's wont be out until May of 18?

Not exactly. The JK will continue as a model year 2018. The new JL will be released sometime around May of next year, also as a 2018 model. They're switching the Cherokee line over to run the JL and they'll be switching the JK line over to run the new Jeep truck after production stops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
199 Posts
Thanks - are you saying the 18's wont be out until May of 18?
Did you talk to Craig at Koons? if not man i honestly highly suggest you do before you buy anywhere else.

Reactions: LeeLee829

·
Registered
986 Posts
Not exactly. The JK will continue as a model year 2018. The new JL will be released sometime around May of next year, also as a 2018 model. They're switching the Cherokee line over to run the JL and they'll be switching the JK line over to run the new Jeep truck after production stops.
Not exactly.

The 2018 JK and JL will run concurrently for six months.

The tentative schedule for the 2018 JL is: a September 2017 Press Launch, August the Order Banks open, October, the production starts at the former Cherokee plant.

The 2018 JK will be produced from October 2nd to March 31st.
The only known changes at this time from the 2017 JK is the Jeep promises to make the delayed JK Special Edition and Acid Yellow color some time during those six months.

In April ,the old JK line will shut down and re-tool for the 2019 pickup.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts