Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got her at the start of July, kind of a birthday gift for me! I love everything about the Recon (except maybe the red seatbelt) and the color of her. Just as soon as I got her I started the mods on her.

Round 1;

Maximus-3 Stinger
Maximus-3 Winch plate, fairlead and plate
SmittyBilt Gen 2 10,000lb Rope Winch
20" Bumper light
2 Pilar Cube lights
50" windshield light
Allintech control box
Hi-Lift and bracket for rear bumper
Cobra WX CB radio
Pedal Commander
Door Jam Covers
LED back-up bulbs
Rear Storage bags
First Aid kit
Fire Extinguisher

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Next step is to paint the inside of my hardtop and install dynamat and the Mopar Headliners. I have everything here, now just to get it done.

I also want to add full skid plates, change my radio head unit. But that will be down the road as my bank account is crying right now!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
From one rhino Recon owner to the next. Looks great! Did you use wheel spacers? Been waffling on keeping stock rims when I finally put my 315s on. I really like the way they look and don't want to give them up.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes I have 1.5" spacers on and it was needed or I would be rubbing. I like the rims too thats why for now ill keep them.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Today with my daughters help we taped and painted the freedom panels black. Then we put dynamat 5/8" down under the Mopar headliner kit through out the whole Jeep. The front looks really good and a lot more factory looking. As Im on light duty recovery I can't take off my whole top so I didn't do the back, and frankly it doesn't really look bad for now with the little bit of white that it still there. The dynamat and the headliners cut the outside noise down A LOT! I no longer hear the wind buffeting from my top led light bar. Also the radio much much better!

https://image.ibb.co/dm5Ega/Jeep8.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/cMcS1a/Jeep7.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/emGLMa/Jeep6.jpg

https://image.ibb.co/bOkEga/Jeep5.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Next step is to paint the inside of my hardtop and install dynamat and the Mopar Headliners. I have everything here, now just to get it done.

I also want to add full skid plates, change my radio head unit. But that will be down the road as my bank account is crying right now!!
Curious - any reason you chose mopar headliner over the aftermarket versions? Nice build btw.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Did you need t do the lift or it is something you wanted to do? I have read that the recon's will take 35's without a lift. Thanks. Nice build!

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Curious - any reason you chose mopar headliner over the aftermarket versions? Nice build btw.
I just liked the price point for the complete kit including the side windows and I liked the way the edges looked finished is all. I had Hot Headliners in my previous Jeep and have nothing but praise for their product and customer service. I just couldn't pull the trigger this time at that price, nothing more really.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The Recon can take a 35" tire with no lift, but you will rub when the Jeep fully flexes. I have been told that if you put high line or flat fenders then its much better. I added a 3" lift with 35's and I will still just rub at full flex, nothing major though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I ended up removing my windshield light bar, I just couldn't stand the wind noise from it anymore. I sold it for what I bought it for so no loss there. I also went on a nice night time trail ride and found that I didn't even need it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I used the black bedlinen paint on it. It was really easy and holds up great.
Awesome thread and build, almost exact upgrades that are on my list for my '17 Rubicon Recon. I'm also going to keep the stock wheels, IMO they look great.

After adding the black bedliner to the top, did you notice any wear or pealing on the front panels when latching/unlatching? I plan to paint mine in the Spring and add the Mopar liner.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts