Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys and gals...I am like a kid the day before Christmas! I just signed the paperwork for a new Rubi JKU in Gobi! The dealer is installing the 2" Mopar lift so I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Then begins the build. Tires will be first then bumpers.

I am going to sell my 2012 Wrangler JK as it's too hard to have a family and a 2 door at the same time. I love my JK but it's just too small at the present time.

See you on the trails!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Hi guys and gals...I am like a kid the day before Christmas! I just signed the paperwork for a new Rubi JKU in Gobi! The dealer is installing the 2" Mopar lift so I will pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Then begins the build. Tires will be first then bumpers.

I am going to sell my 2012 Wrangler JK as it's too hard to have a family and a 2 door at the same time. I love my JK but it's just too small at the present time.

See you on the trails!
Nice! Welcome to the Gobi family!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sexy, even if it is a 4 door. :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know I know....it's hard to give up my 2 door but needed the space.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Nice Jeep....
Depending, .......Families sell pretty easy. Either way - ya got a Jeep!

Booyah

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is a great colour, congrats!
It was between Gobi and Rhino. I love both. If tank were still available, that would have been my top pick.

One thing for sure is I won't miss the black paint on my 2012 JK. Very hot in the summer and next to impossible to keep clean.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Rubi in Gobi is a great combo especially with the black fenders and top that you ordered.

What tires and bumper do you plan to add?

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Rubi in Gobi is a great combo especially with the black fenders and top that you ordered.

What tires and bumper do you plan to add?
I want to keep the Rubi wheels. I will likely go with 34 or 35" tires and still trying to decide on bumpers.

I am assuming I will need to go with 1.5" spacers as well...is that correct?

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Yes you will need the 1.5 inch spacers. also keep in mind that the stock wheels are only 7.5 inches wide so that will limit your tire choices.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have the Rhino Rubicon Recon and love the color especially with the red accents. Next week Im putting on Mickey Thompson ATZ P3 on my stock rims. The wheels are the 315 70r 17's and I have 1.5" spacers on. Im also adding the Teraflex Sport S/T3 lift with a Fox ATS Steering Stabilizer. I can't wait to see it all together!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I want to keep the Rubi wheels. I will likely go with 34 or 35" tires and still trying to decide on bumpers.

I am assuming I will need to go with 1.5" spacers as well...is that correct?

I'll be installing Nitto Ridge Grappler 285/75R17, which are just under 34" onto the stock rims. Yes, I'll use 1 1/2" spacers. These tires will fit on a rim width between 7.5-9.5 .

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I decided to go ahead and ditch the Rubicon wheels since they are not wide enough and I ordered a set of Pro Comp Black Alloy wheels (17x9-4.75" backspacing) from Quadratec and a set of BFG K02 ATs in 35s. I really didn't want to deal with spacers trying to keep the Rubicon wheels, and going into 35s wasn't going to happen. Here's a shot of the Jeep with the Mopar lift. I can't wait to get the wheels and tires on it as the wheels look really small with the lift. I should be able to recover some money selling the Rubicon take offs.

Attachments

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got the new wheels installed today along with the BFG KO2s. I went with the 315/70/17s. The tires installed measure just shy of 34". This coupled with the Mopar 2" lift makes it look like a beast!

Attachments

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Just got the new wheels installed today along with the BFG KO2s. I went with the 315/70/17s. The tires installed measure just shy of 34". This coupled with the Mopar 2" lift makes it look like a beast!
Looks great! I'm planning to go with the same lift and the 315 KO2s as well.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks great! I'm planning to go with the same lift and the 315 KO2s as well.
You won't regret it. The Mopar 2" lift is really great. It rides and handles super well. I also like the ride of the BFG KO2s ATs, nice and quiet. I was worried that the 315s would be a significant drag with the 3.73 gears but I can't tell the difference.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts