Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a long time since I've owned a Wrangler (1987) and it's a whole different world since I ordered that one with its one option...carpet!

I've noticed that most Sahara's have silver middle inserts in their front and rear bumpers, but mine does not. Even when I do my exact build on Jeep's site, it adds them.

I was looking at my sticker earlier and saw "Fine Silver Metallic Bumper Accents" listed under optional equipment. Is this dealer installed and they just forgot mine? I don't mind, I kind of like them plain and black, and since I've had a back up camera installed in the rear bumper, I don't really want them if the dealer forgot or borrowed them for another Jeep, but I am just a little curious on how they get on a Jeep. Thanks for your knowledge!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
2017 Sahara bumper inserts are color matched to the body color from the factory.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks D2mini. I guess the factory forgot mine or someone took them off. I'm more glad now since black hides bugs better than white inserts would. They had another white Sahara there that had plastic chrome colored ones on it today when I was there, that's what made me start to wonder.

·
Registered
988 Posts
I'm assuming you have the "metal" insert or none at all? The inserts are metal, my 2016 Willys is a black one, my 2012 JKU sport had none. Also I believe you should have the insert under the spare tire, my Willys is black metal. Front and rear, both black.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Guy
3,218 Posts
Go see your dealer and show them you paid for it, but it is not on the rig.

Possibility though... they were "deleted" as part of another package. Have your dealer read the sticker parts and packages to confirm they are supposed to be on there.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. When I tapped on the one in the lot, I was sure it was plastic, but I guess it was metal.

Go see your dealer and show them you paid for it, but it is not on the rig.

Possibility though... they were "deleted" as part of another package. Have your dealer read the sticker parts and packages to confirm they are supposed to be on there.

It's not important enough to me to call my dealer out on it. I like it better all black on mine for what my plans are for this Jeep and I wouldn't want to have to redo the lights and camera I had installed in the rear bumper.

I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be deleted due to my other packages, there's nothing fancy on it, 6-speed, just connectivity, dual tops, 430n, side airbags, all pretty tame...and it is listed on the sticker. I was just wondering about it

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
They aren't metal...very thick plastic. I have several sets in the basement as i remove them from each Jeep I've purchased (4 saharas).

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
986 Posts
Go Here:
https://jeep.custhelp.com/app/jeep/eqlisting_detail/session/L3RpbWUvMTM5MzY0MzI4OC9zaWQvWGxOMmc2T2w=

Type in your VIN and it will provide you a build sheet to tell you what your Jeep came with from the factory.

I have never seen a Sahara not come with those covers.
I've seen Sports with RHR door panels on one side only and Sahara wheels on a Winter Edition.
It happens.

We had a Chevy SS made in Austrailia accidentally come in with a V6 instead of a V8. The window sticker said " V8 " ! DOH!

Reactions: Wrickem

·
Registered
258 Posts
I sold both my front and rear Sahara bumper covers $80 and $100 . I was surprised that people want them.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
I'm assuming you have the "metal" insert or none at all? The inserts are metal, my 2016 Willys is a black one, my 2012 JKU sport had none. Also I believe you should have the insert under the spare tire, my Willys is black metal. Front and rear, both black.
Sorry, they are not metal but rather a very thick plastic.

Reactions: Wrickem

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I pulled mine off. Color matched the vehicle is one thing, but on my Sahara Tan with the Silver made no sense, didn't match anything on the Jeep at all. Mine are now official dust catchers, when/if I sell the Jeep the new owner can have them if they want them and if I keep them that long.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
10 Posts
yup, it's supposed to have them according to this (and the window sticker and all of the posters here of course). At least I know now. thank you!
At the very least you could ask your dealer to provide them to you, and then you could sell them on Craigslist or something. You paid for them, so you should minimally get them, or at least get refunded the MSRP value of them.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
At the very least you could ask your dealer to provide them to you, and then you could sell them on Craigslist or something. You paid for them, so you should minimally get them, or at least get refunded the MSRP value of them.
Yep, I would be kind of upset if they were taken off even if I didn't like them.

This reminds me of one of the dealers I shopped at when buying my JK. They had a JKU on their lot that I liked but was their "demo vehicle." They said they were going to give me a "great" discount because it had 1500 miles on it. Their discount offer wasn't very good, and then I noticed a bunch of the black paint on the hard top was scratched/rubbed off around the bottom edges, from what looked like someone carelessly taking the hard top on/off. I said, no thanks I'm here to buy a new vehicle, and it looks like that hard top is pretty scratched up from someone removing the top. Sales guy says, "no problem, if those scratches bother you, we'll just swap the tops from one of the other Wranglers on our lot for you." The whole time I was thinking....well, doesn't that mean someone else is going to get stuck with a new Jeep with a scratched up hard top? I guess, they were thinking they would just hope the next guy that came along didn't notice or care about scratches on their new vehicle purchase. It made me really wonder, what other parts have you guys swapped to make a customer happy? I walked away from that dealership and have never been back.

Reactions: Phynal
1 - 18 of 18 Posts