Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just recently purchased a 2017 Wrangler JKU hardtop. Been searching CL for a soft top. Found an OEM Jeep soft top off a 2008 JKU. Can anyone confirm if this will work without any modification on my 2017 JKU. I call my local dealer and was told "it might"...

Jim

·
Registered
339 Posts
It won't have some features like the sunrider but it will fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
118 Posts
Ha I feel dumb I read your initial post and thought you just bought a hard top for your jeep and are also looking for a soft top. I was like "what his jeep didn't come with a top..."

He means by sunrider, the flip back front section that started on the new Jeeps I don't think the 2008 has that. So it's either up or down, no in between sunrider position.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hi all,

Just recently purchased a 2017 Wrangler JKU hardtop. Been searching CL for a soft top. Found an OEM Jeep soft top off a 2008 JKU. Can anyone confirm if this will work without any modification on my 2017 JKU. I call my local dealer and was told "it might"...

Jim
Where are you located? I have one off a 2016 with about 2 months in the sun. I bought it for my JKU but my wife doesnt like it, so we are putting the hard top back on.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would hold off for a premium twill soft top. I believe you would like it better. Be sure you get all the hardware that you will need. The 2008 should fit if that is the route you go. I got my off of CL for 800 still in the box.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts