Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded my 4 door Recon in on a Raptor awhile ago and was “Jeepless” for the first time in forever. With the truck being the family vehicle, I was able to start looking for a 2 door (just my preference) JL. Found this leftover ‘17 JK with the options I wanted (manual, nav, speakers) and got an incredible deal. Had them swap the hardtop with an ‘18 premium soft top too. I then took the $ I saved and built it the way I wanted. Only thing added since pictures were Rigid Side Shooters to the A-pillars and a Cobra WX ST with tunable Firestick. 💜 the way she turned out.... @fitmomof2whojeeps for those with Instagram....

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Nice! Not too many purple builds on here. I have a purple JKU Rubicon, and the Mopar lift kit is sitting in the barn. What lift did you go with? Are those Fuel Krank wheels? Rear bumper and tire carrier set up? Can’t just leave us hanging

·
Registered
423 Posts
Love (LOVE) the color... but actually I like the original silver rims over the black ones! Of course the size bump of the tires is great. If you had the silver rims on the bigger size tires it'd be perfect! Of course I"m always jealous of people with the xtreme purple! :p

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nice! I have a 2017 purple JKU winter edition that I’m going to be building up in March. I will post some pics to this thread once it’s done. I like the Poison Spyder set up! Poison Spyder and AEV are my two personal favorite Jeep accessory brands.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! Not too many purple builds on here. I have a purple JKU Rubicon, and the Mopar lift kit is sitting in the barn. What lift did you go with? Are those Fuel Krank wheels? Rear bumper and tire carrier set up? Can’t just leave us hanging
Thanks.... I went with the Rubicon Express 3.5” progressive for a 4 door. With the higher spring rate, shouldn’t sag at all. Then Fox 2.0 reservoirs. Bumpers are Poison Spyder Bruiser front and Rock Brawler II rear. Fuel Revolver wheels.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love (LOVE) the color... but actually I like the original silver rims over the black ones! Of course the size bump of the tires is great. If you had the silver rims on the bigger size tires it'd be perfect! Of course I"m always jealous of people with the xtreme purple! :p
I went back and forth on silver vs black wheels. Everyone has black now, but the argent or silver Pintlers, which I’ve always loved, just didn’t match the shocks, springs, or Rubicon decal the way I wanted. Didn’t really like other silver wheels outside of those. The new suspension upgrades I just did are silver so it balances out all the black better in my opinion.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just finished up “phase 2” of the project.... upper and lower adjustable control arms (axles are where I want them now after lift), 1 ton tie rod, HD drag link, and front and rear adjustable track bars.

Not involving the suspension... added a Cobra 75 extra st with tuneable firestick on the Teraflex mount, Rigid side shooters on the A pillars, Odyssey 34R battery, and ARB twin compressor on a M.O.R.E. underwood mount.

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Odyssey 34R...

Cobra mounted on grab bar mount with spacer....

Teraflex CB mount. Had to dremel powder coat for better ground under bolts then use NO-OX-ID.

Couple more of the ARB compressor and mount....

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Great job on what you've done so far. You have the best looking 2dr Purple JK I've ever seen. If I had one I'd want it to look very similar.

·
Premium Member
3,086 Posts
Excellent build, keep up the great work:thumb:

-Steven

Reactions: cjaj0507
1 - 20 of 22 Posts