Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Purchased today, 5/14/2018! Firecracker Red with cloth seats (I preferred cloth seats); cold weather group; LED lighting group; Electronic Infotainment group (NAV & Alpine system, etc), steel bumper group, remote start plus much more.

First mods will include removing the bumper end caps, installing Spidertrax wheel spacers, rock sliders (not sure what brand yet), 35 or 37 inch tires?? and the 2 inch Mopar lift.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,776 Posts
Very nice! Those Rubis sure look sexy. Can’t wait to see its transformation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jeepin_Donnie

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Very nice! Those Rubis sure look sexy. Can’t wait to see its transformation!

She's a sexy redhead named Rubi! LOL :lmao:

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She's a sexy redhead named Rubi! LOL :lmao:

First mod complete....removed the bumper end caps. Did it at lunch time today in the garage, haha.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Installed Mopar door sill guards today. They don’t provide much coverage though. A little disappointed. Oh well.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Hey just seeing your message now. Awesome man, it looks great! Typically I'd get those Mopar door sill guards. I have on all my other Jeeps because they cover the lip that everyone hits their heel off when getting out. For some reason, they don't cover the lip on the JL. So I opted out and wrapped my sills instead. I also had water leak problems with the door sills on my JK's. There used to be a notch that would cause problems. I think it's fixed on the JL tho! Again, Jeeps looks badass!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey just seeing your message now. Awesome man, it looks great! Typically I'd get those Mopar door sill guards. I have on all my other Jeeps because they cover the lip that everyone hits their heel off when getting out. For some reason, they don't cover the lip on the JL. So I opted out and wrapped my sills instead. I also had water leak problems with the door sills on my JK's. There used to be a notch that would cause problems. I think it's fixed on the JL tho! Again, Jeeps looks badass!
Thanks! What did you wrap your door sills with? I was thinking I'd do the same.

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Thanks! What did you wrap your door sills with? I was thinking I'd do the same.
I did a couple different wraps. I did my hood, headlights, fog lights, daytime running lights, turn signals, hinges, A-pillar and door edges in 3M Pro Series clear film and I did all my door sills in colour match 3M wrap. I forget which kind, but it's whatever the best quality 3M Color match film they sell. I had it professionally installed as well. I don't mess with that stuff lol. For my door sill, I actually did the entire area of the door jam, not just the sills. It goes pretty much to the top of the front and back doors. I did it so when I'm camping in the back and getting in and out of the back door, I'm not scrapping my shoes off the part of the door sills that goes parallel with the fender flare. Not sure if that makes sense lol.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
35s have been ordered! 315/70/R17 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros! As long as they're in by Friday, they will be installed Saturday morning along with my Spidertrax wheel spacers. Can't wait! I will post pics.

FYI, still haven't decided on a lift yet.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Added a couple more “mods” today, an AntennaX antenna and my club’s sticker. Gotta represent! IMG_0337.jpg IMG_0339.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
AntennaX is always my first mod as well!

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
Can't wait to see more! I'm pretty jealous of all the lucky guys and girls that are getting keys to their new JLs!
It's a great rig I must say. But a Jeeps a Jeep. TJ, JK, JL, all do roughly the same thing!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cooper STT Pros 315/70 R17 installed, Spidertrax spacers installed and the Mopar HD hinges and carrier spacers installed today! Up next will be my CB and a lift.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
482 Posts
Thanks! Can’t wait to put a lift on it!

I’m holding off on any tires or lift until I burn through these factory KO2s, but after seeing yours... I might have to hurt my wallet lol

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Put the new tags on, haha!

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts

·
Premium Member