Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

A while back I used the manual adjustment lever to raise the driver seat to the highest point. I think I overdid it, as the seat will not lower. I took the handle off and nothing is stripped. It is like something will not release in the internal mechanism.

Is there anything I can do to get it to "release" so I can lower the seat?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Hey guys.

A while back I used the manual adjustment lever to raise the driver seat to the highest point. I think I overdid it, as the seat will not lower. I took the handle off and nothing is stripped. It is like something will not release in the internal mechanism.

Is there anything I can do to get it to "release" so I can lower the seat?

Thanks for your input!
Check this video clip.. it looked like he moved the seat upward when using the torq bit..

·
Registered
85 Posts
This is a little late but mine was doing the same thing. I ended up spraying the device that the handle is attached to with a light lube (CRC 6-56). I did take it off so I could spray from both sides.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is a little late but mine was doing the same thing. I ended up spraying the device that the handle is attached to with a light lube (CRC 6-56). I did take it off so I could spray from both sides.
Thanks. I'll give that a try.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts