Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2018 jk with 5k miles and doesnt start every once in a while, probably every 5 days or so. What i have to do to turn it on is wait about half an hour or so and then the jeep starts no problem, i make sure its on park and everything. Im sure its not the battery or the starter, i had them both tested. Ive taken it to the dealer but as usual they cant duplicate anything so theyre helpless. Any ideas anyone please help me out thanks.

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is a TSB that has been issued for my 2018 JKU. It replaces the Temperature range sensor at the transmission. Since it is under warranty, they replaced that part. Have not had the issue in almost 5 months.

·
Registered
142 Posts
There is another post dedicated to this issue and has the TSB # and an scan of the pages on how to replicate the issue try to go with all the info on hand to the dealer to avoid frustration. If you bought it used now you know why the previous owner let it go

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have same issue. Same 2018 JKU rubicon. No crank no start after doing a bunch of highway speed. Once you shut off motor and try to start again, you can not. You need to wait 25 min. Before it will start

1 - 4 of 4 Posts