Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some suggestions about my roller speaker sound. When I am listening to music with a deep bass I get what I can only describe as a "bottoming-out" vibration type sound. My first thought to fix this was to replace the speakers, so I replaced them with a decent set of Kicker speakers, but the sounds still there. My next thought was to "stuff" the roll bar with pillow stuffing, but when I went to do that, there is not very much open space in the rollbar, but I tried to fit as much as I could in there without getting it too much stuck in the back of the speakers, but I still have the problem. At this point, I cannot turn the bass on my radio above -1 and listen to the music loud enough to hear with the top off without this happening.

Has anybody else experienced this and have a good idea? I'm not trying to get a competition worthy system, but I would like to be able to enjoy music with the top off, so any suggestions are appreciated.

·
Registered
810 Posts
And inline amp would help, your maxing out the head unit's capability before you get to the desired decibel. Alpine and several others make small inline amps that will accept speaker level inputs, you will probably want something that is 25-40 watts per channel to push those kickers. And don't expect much bass, I have tried about everything to get the sound bar to make bass lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts